RBS 1, RBS 2, RBS A, RBS B anyone have a clue?

rockgirl45

Question

i recently purchased a pattern that i am so excited to work however, there are some stitches i have never heard of and can't imagine what the abreviations mean! I am pretty sure that we have a language issue and there are 6 links to youtube videos with no narrative and are very hard to follow. The stitches in question are as follows:

RBS 1, RBS 2, RBS A, RBS B

if anyone out there has any clue what i'm dealing with, PLEASE give me a shout out and help end this vendetta with my pattern:eekany advise would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! Thanks in advance,

Jules

10 answers to this question

Some years back Annie's Attic (I believe) had some patterns out that called for rolled stitches. What I remember is you had to wrap the yarn several times around your hook before finishing your stitch. When you were done it looked like a curlicue. Maybe a better description would be a sausage curl but it laid down against the fabric your crochet created. It did not hang down loose from the crocheted fabric. So I wonder if that RBS stands for "Rolled Back Stitch." Don't know for sure. Just guessing.

I want to thank you all for your input on this issue! I contacted the pattern creator again, and she has informed me that those stitches were created by her so there was no chance of finding out from anyone else what they were! and by the way, she still hasn't told me what RBS stands for but being from another country she said she will try her best to help me understand what in the world is going on! I wish i could share this pattern because it is a beautiful example of cable crochet work! The pattern makers name is Karen Valladares and she has an etsy shop with some really cute stuff in it just beware the RBS stitch! thanks again,

jules

Although I agree her patterns are cute, those are still basic cables, made of front and back post stitches. They are not new inventions; just new terminology for the same stitch.

:thinkI agree with amydepew, those cables are not new, I used them many years ago and have just replicated them without a pattern.

I think the OP could simply find a pattern for a nice Crochet Cable and fit it onto a beret pattern which is what the person has done for the beret on Etsy.

Have fun.

Colleen:think

This lady has some crochet work on" Ravelry" and she has some beautiful

cable stitch work there.:) she has some free patterns on her site"bestpattern.blogspot.com

Archived