Lucy's Blooming Flower Cushion

Roli

This was a great project! I had used up a lot of my scrap colors on my other scrap projects so I ended up with mainly cool colors in this pillow. I stayed with my plan of alternating colored petals with black petals so that the colors would look better and not clash. Lots more info on my blog, including the link to the pattern!

post-2917-135897743866_thumb.jpg

post-2917-13589774387_thumb.jpg

Nice work! And nice how you've worked in the colors you like to suit your decor. I've made the petals pillow twice now, and it is very satisfying. But I like how yours appears to have fewer rounds and deeper petals. Did you use an extra-thick yarn and large hook?

I noticed you said you have trouble crocheting circles. The pillow back looks fine to me, but you may find the chart on this site handy for the next time, just as a reference: http://www.maggiescrochet.com/page.html?id=60

It's a Pinterest discovery.

Nice work! And nice how you've worked in the colors you like to suit your decor. I've made the petals pillow twice now, and it is very satisfying. But I like how yours appears to have fewer rounds and deeper petals. Did you use an extra-thick yarn and large hook?

I noticed you said you have trouble crocheting circles. The pillow back looks fine to me, but you may find the chart on this site handy for the next time, just as a reference: http://www.maggiescrochet.com/page.html?id=60

It's a Pinterest discovery.

Thank you Kay! I just used the Red Heart acrylic worsted weight yarn that I had left over from other projects. I used an H hook. I noticed that in the original pattern the hook size was not specified. It would be fun to experiment with this pillow, using different yarn weights and hook sizes, not to mention different colors.

Thank you very much for your link. I'm going there now to check it out!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived