Baby Afghan For My Neighbor

Mom w/a Motif

My neighbor is having a baby boy (this is their third child-they have two girls already). She invited me to the baby shower. I had been thinking about crocheting her something for the baby; and had bought some blue yarn when I found out they were having a boy. I hadn't started anything yet, until she gave me the invitation (ten days ago). I went right home from the bus stop and started this afghan that day. :P I got it done with three days to spare, lol. The baby shower is this Sunday.

The pattern is from The Big Book of Crochet. It's the second one of these I have crocheted. I made one for one of my nephews, too. I like this pattern.

post-20-13589774154_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897741544_thumb.jpg

Yes! There's a whole section of aghans; 17 all together. That doesn't even include the "Baby" section. There is I think 9 baby aghan patterns. Some are layettes, some just the afghan. :hook

That looks quite lovely! Is there a lot of afghans in that book?

Oh my, it's just lovely, such a nice gift!

The Big Book of Crochet is my favorite 'go-to' book when I need a pattern. It's only $6.95 from Hamiltonbook... compared to amazon's $15.80!! ( in Amazon, you can 'look inside' to see some of the patterns included. It's a great book, a "best of" type collection of Leisure Arts patterns.

Thank you everyone! The baby shower was yesterday. I felt really awkward at first, because she is the only person I knew there. But I got to talking with people & felt better later. I wasn't the only one who crocheted her a baby afghan; there were two other crocheted afghans & now everyone wants everyone else's patterns. :P One of the people who made one of the other baby afghans, said she wanted to come over to my house to learn the stitch I did on mine. :hook I took pictures, but I'm not sure if she would want me to post them here.. :think

Thank you everyone! The baby shower was yesterday. I felt really awkward at first, because she is the only person I knew there. But I got to talking with people & felt better later. I wasn't the only one who crocheted her a baby afghan; there were two other crocheted afghans & now everyone wants everyone else's patterns. :P One of the people who made one of the other baby afghans, said she wanted to come over to my house to learn the stitch I did on mine. :hook I took pictures, but I'm not sure if she would want me to post them here.. :think

How pretty! Love the double shell border. Sounds like it did double duty: a lovely gift that yielded new crochet friends. Moms can't have too many, IMO. Afghans are great to put on the floor to lay the baby on. Pretty background for cute clothes and cute baby for photo ops.

Archived