chrissyf

Kindle cover for my Dad...is it too feminine?

I searched and searched for a cover for my dad's new kindle and nothing shouted to me "dad" so i designed my own. But now that it is done i am not sure about it. I wonder if it is too feminine? What do you think? As soon as i get the pattern typed up i will link to it. pattern is available on ravelry click here when making it for your own NOOK/Kindle you may want to measure as you ake the rows to get it the height you want...the pattern includes directions to adjust the height of the cover:pinterest

post-9809-135897739733_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrissyf
added pattern link

I really like it! The only thing if anything is I might have edged it in the same color yarn as the rest of it.

I really like it! The only thing if anything is I might have edged it in the same color yarn as the rest of it.

I thought about that but i wanted the faux flap to be noticed...i can take that out and re do it. Hmmm something to consider. Thanks for the input

I like it!

How about trim in a dark blue instead of white?

Agree. I think it's the white throwing it off. Otherwise I think it's fantastic!

That is a nice cover ... I love it and will give your pattern a try for my kindle..

I too would have gone with a darker color for the trim for a male.

Other than that i love it and I know your dad will love it too.....

hugs

Lillibet

Awesome cover!! I also would go with the darker trim.......great job!! :)

Great job! I think I agree also about the dark blue color for edging, or leave it all the same. Don't know why, but the white gives it a feminine touch. I had the same thought.

I agree, I think it's the just white borders that is making it look feminine. Maybe a darker color, black, gray, or a darker blue would help that.

Good job, and I agree with the darker trim comments!

I think it looks nice the way it is. Seems pretty uni-sex to me. I think with all of the blue-green color, he won't think it at all feminine. Very nice cover. I like the flap and simple silver snap/button. That silver is also a manly sort of embellishment.

He was so funny when i gave it to him...he ran right into his room to try it on and was so excited that it fit perfectly. I did end up changing the edging to the same yarn as the body. My sister thinks that it looks so much better in person than in the pictures. Most importantly Dad loves it!

I also think it's a wonderful cover and would just change the trim to a dark color.