Grab and Go Project Bag Felted...3rd bag pics added

TurtleLvr

I LOVE this pattern! As soon as this one came out of the washer I started a 2nd!! I made it a little taller (by 5 rounds) than the original and didn't add the leaf/button. Also I added pockets inside (28 st long x 10 rows high of dc). It can be found here.

post-28075-135897737679_thumb.jpg

Just finished this one last night. Started on the third.

post-28075-135897738516_thumb.jpg

post-28075-135897739196_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart

post-28075-135897737675_thumb.jpg

Your work is beautiful... Do you mind my asking what kind (i.e., brand) of yarn you used? I have started felting and notice that different yarns that say they're good for felting actually felt differently. I find the differences fascinating.

Thanks! My niece has claimed it as her new purse. :lol

Your work is beautiful... Do you mind my asking what kind (i.e., brand) of yarn you used? I have started felting and notice that different yarns that say they're good for felting actually felt differently. I find the differences fascinating.

I love using Paton's Classic Wool for felting. It's easy to work with and felt especially when I have a front load washer. :)

Thanks! My niece has claimed it as her new purse. :lol

I love using Paton's Classic Wool for felting. It's easy to work with and felt especially when I have a front load washer. :)

Lucky niece!!! :)

Thank you for the yarn info. I'll have to try that one. I love the look that you achieve. :manyheart

Ok, now I really need to learn felting. I have been wanting to try felting for quite awhile and this bag is just the inspiration that I needed. It is gorgeous! Gonna get some wool this weekend and give it a try. Thanks for the push! :lol

Sue

Can you give some hints on felting in a front loader. I have a maytag neptune and felting does not go well in there. (or it could just be me :blush)

Cheryl

Sue

Can you give some hints on felting in a front loader. I have a maytag neptune and felting does not go well in there. (or it could just be me :blush)

Cheryl

I run it through 2-3 pre washes with hot water and a little detergent then 1 regular full wash still on hot. I put it in a zippered pillow case and wash with a couple towels.

i love the look of felted things...but i can't make them myself...no washer or dryer and no way i can afford to do it at the coin op laundry. Very pretty bag!

You can hand felt too. Doesn't have to be in a washer. :)

Archived