Knitted Ruffle scarf

chrissyf

My daughter begged me to try to use red heart sashay yarn. So i tried to crochet with it..no go. Thankfully i learned to knit three weeks ago. I love knitting with this yarn. So here is the ruffle scarf i used one skein knitted 7 stitches accross using size 9/5.5mm needles the colorway is rhumba

post-9809-135897736574_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous scarf! I am intimidated by those type of yarns...

i was too but after looking at the tutorial for both knitt and crochet it was actually like a light bulb. It can be crocheted it was just too "fiddly" for me since i needed to make two by the end of this weekend. the second one is on the needles and as soon as i finish here and clear up facebook games i will be able to finish the second one.

Beautiful scarf!

I just finished knitting one today! I love this yarn. I'm trying to crochet one now and was looking at videos. I'm not having any trouble crocheting it but I hope it looks as nice as the knitted version.

Beautiful scarf!

I just finished knitting one today! I love this yarn. I'm trying to crochet one now and was looking at videos. I'm not having any trouble crocheting it but I hope it looks as nice as the knitted version.

my LYS has a sample of each and even they had trouble telling the knit from the crochet. thankfully when they were displaying them the girls who made them were setting up the display.

My daughter begged me to try to use red heart sashay yarn. So i tried to crochet with it..no go. Thankfully i learned to knit three weeks ago. I love knitting with this yarn. So here is the ruffle scarf i used one skein knitted 7 stitches accross using size 9/5.5mm needles the colorway is rhumba

that came out great!!!:clap

So I went ahead and crocheted a couple rows using SCs and a couple rows of HDC. It looks great but it was heavier than the knit one and I could feel the crochet rows. I had a hard time making sure I was going in the right stitches for each row. I was afraid I would make a crooked scarf. I think for now I will stick with knitting them.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE this scarf! I was in my LYS just today and the gal in there had one she made on display, done in our town's high school colors. Yours came out beautiful! :manyheart

Archived