1st time Grandma : )

psdeva

Question

Hello everyone ! I am so impressed with the projects on this site .. and am very happy to be here. I have been searching for Jungle Themed baby blankets as this is the theme of my first grandsons nursery. I have only been able to find a couple but though it would be best to ask if anyone has a pattern. I'm a pretty good hooker and I am willing to try any pattern easy to difficult .. for my grandson .. I'll try anything <3 Thank you all

12 answers to this question

I made this one for my grandson and it was a big hit! I too have one grandchild (so far!) AND I'm loving it! Being a grandmother is so much fun!

It isn't a free pattern - you will find the pattern for sale on the Mary Maxim website and on Maggie's crochet. But it's well worth the money!

PS - I added the little monkey peeking out from behind the tree! I won a first place ribbon when I placed the finished blanket in our local grange fair needlework competition.

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/giraffe-afghan-pillow-and-toy-pattern-p-1238.html

post-14127-135897736555_thumb.jpg

Love the blanket! And aren't grandsons great? Unfortunately mine lives in CA and doesn't need a bunch of crocheted blankets; otherwise the poor boy would be buried in them!

I have one grandson who is 2 and a new grandson on the way (in May) so I'm all about the boy stuff without everything having to be blue. I am not sure we have "girl genes" in our family. Everyone seems to end with 2 boys each for the past few generations. But grandsons are as wonderful as sons, only you can send them home. LOL My munchkin is the light of my life. I'm still searching for just the right blanket for the new little guy.

Archived