Sign in to follow this  
megthered

double end crochet hook

Is it possible to do thread crochet with double end hooks? If so, are patterns available?

I have a tiny 4mm double end crochet hook and don't know what to do with it. (It was given to me by a frustrated beginner). I love using them, but I have never used one this small.

Thank you for any suggestions.

I would suggest the 101 Double Ended Crochet Stitch book, and then try different stitches with thread to make something like a table runner - something just straight across to begin with.... I wouldn't start by trying to do any shaping - I'd go with a long rectangle and then stitch a border on it if you wanted....

That's my best suggestion. I've never tried the double ended stitching with thread, but I don't think it's really going to be very different than with yarn - just with a smaller hook and thread. I've made a few small things with the double ended hook, and I like it. The book I'm suggesting has a lot of great stitches. :yes

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Ended-Hook-Stitches-Annies-Attic/dp/1596353228/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328802544&sr=1-1

Thanks, I am heading over right now. I really love working with the double end hooks and tunisian crochet. These tiny hooks really threw me because my thread was too big to work comfortably. I thought thread would work better. I picked it up because my husband always complains about the holes in granny squares, even the solid granny. I thought I would do something heavier for him. But I love it now.