Birthday Party for Crochetville: Giveaway Winners Announced in Posts 1 and 154

Amy

Sorry, everyone, I've been on a conference call all morning long. Let's get the party underway! I need to go read through this read and get all caught up, then I'll be back.

Let's start the party off right with a crochet cake pattern designed by our own MoonSC:

birthdaycake.jpg

Sit down, have a piece of cake, grab your favorite beverage, and tell us all about your current, most recently finished, or about to be started crochet project!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Member Giveaways: If any other member wants to donate something to be given away today, please send me a PM about what you want to give away.

I'm going to go off to create the giveaway entry page, so I'll post information on how to enter in a little bit.

I just updated the first post in the thread with these items donated by tiffer93. And my apologies for just now getting them uploaded, because she emailed me the pics quite some time ago!

tiffer2.jpg

Black Silk Stone with glass & gun metal (tone) accents

tiffer1.jpg

Okay, my giveaway threads have been created. Please go back to the first post in this thread to read contest entry rules and to enter the contests.

To keep things simple when selecting winners, and to make sure nobody wins something they're not interested in, you'll need to enter each giveaway contest separately. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Here is what I'm currently working on. What it will actually be is a surprise. If it turns out the way I envision, it will be my entry into the 4th issue of the CGOA's Across the Board pattern booklet. This pattern booklet is given for free to both new and renewing members. I'm not sure what date the 2012 issue becomes available, but it will tie in to either our June or September annual conference. Until then the 2011 issue is available.

IMG_1260.jpg

The yarn is Vanna's Glamour by Lion Brand.

Happy Birthday, Crochetville! It's hard to believe that the site is 8 years old!

By far, this is the best crochet site. Not only are Amy and Donna vigilant in watching over the site, but the people on this site, are the most helpful and supportive people, around!

I'm sure as it becomes older, it will only continue to blossom!:bday:cake

Btw- love what you're working on, Amy. VERY PRETTY pattern! hmmm.... I guess we'll just have to patiently await to see what it is you're making. I love working with that yarn, myself.

Here is what I'm currently working on. What it will actually be is a surprise. If it turns out the way I envision, it will be my entry into the 4th issue of the CGOA's Across the Board pattern booklet. This pattern booklet is given for free to both new and renewing members. I'm not sure what date the 2012 issue becomes available, but it will tie in to either our June or September annual conference. Until then the 2011 issue is available.

[ATTACH]52230[/ATTACH]

The yarn is Vanna's Glamour by Lion Brand.

That stitch pattern is gorgeous! I will keep my fingers crossed that it turns out as lovely as you envision it to! :hook

:birthday

I would like to give away one of my hand crafted one-of-a-kind-polymer clay covered hooks.

It is a F hook. :hook

If you are interested, leave a post of this thread....I'll pick a winner on Feb 16th after we blow out the candles on our :cake....LOL

OH< I would just love to win this! :manyheart:hook

That stitch pattern is gorgeous! I will keep my fingers crossed that it turns out as lovely as you envision it to! :hook

Thank you! I actually found it in a Japanese stitch dictionary, and thought it would make a beautiful _____________. This part is going to be fine, it's the next part that I'm hoping will work out just as well.

I've got about 13-15 hours more work to do on the project!

I'll be flying out to Stitches West in Santa Clara, CA next Thursday, so I should have two days full of travel time to get it ready. I have to send it off for photography by mid-March.

Btw- love what you're working on, Amy. VERY PRETTY pattern! hmmm.... I guess we'll just have to patiently await to see what it is you're making. I love working with that yarn, myself.

Thank you! I also love Vanna's Glamour. I made a skirt/top set from two patterns by Doris Chan and I get so many compliments wherever I wear it.

Even at events like Stitches I get all sorts of knitters coming up to me telling me how much they love it and asking where they can get the patterns. Some are very astonished that it's actually crocheted and not knit! I had several knitters tell me they might just learn to crochet to make something like it.

I have been a member for just over a year I think, but some of that time I wasn't even online to enjoy this community. It amazes that this is a virtual community. It feels so real and I feel so connected to everyone. This has been a place of learning, a place of healing, a place of friendship, and a place of fun for me.

Happy Birthday Crochetville!

Archived