Birthday Party for Crochetville: Giveaway Winners Announced in Posts 1 and 154

Amy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First activity suggestion, thanks to auntbubbels: Member-Sponsored Giveaways. Janet has offered to purchase a Crochetville tote bag for a lucky winner.

If anybody else would like to donate something for the giveaway, just let me know. The sponsoring member will be responsible for shipping the giveaway item to the winner.

I love the idea of member-sponsored giveaways - what a fantastic way to celebrate! Thank you Janet, for your generosity...and happy birthday, Crochetville!

quick question...Any "Frames" around the member sponsored giveaways? (ie, only store-bought items (books, totes, yarns, notions, etc) or anything a member wants to donate in honor of our birthday?) Or do two separate member sponsored giveaways..."made by member" and "not made by member"... :shrug:badidea ?

:bdayCrochetville! :bheart

I've been here since 2006...I'm only 5 1/2 :wink

I've also been a member since 2005! And what a great time I have had getting to know the friendly folks here on the 'ville.

:cheer:clap:cheer

My join date was March 19, 2005, but I don't know how to determine what number member I was. Doesn't matter, but really, have 7 years already passed? Wow!

Happy Birthday!

You're member #186, more or less. You must have joined before March 19, 2005, because March 19 2005 was the date all of us "old timers" joined the current platform of Crochetville instead of continuing to use the old ez-board version of Crochetville.

(Of course it was so many years ago the details get a little fuzzy!)

You're member #186, more or less. You must have joined before March 19, 2005, because March 19 2005 was the date all of us "old timers" joined the current platform of Crochetville instead of continuing to use the old ez-board version of Crochetville.

(Of course it was so many years ago the details get a little fuzzy!)

Awesome, Rachel, thanks for looking that up. I honestly cannot remember when I joined, but I think it was 2004 fall, maybe? A little fuzzy? Try a LOT fuzzy! :lol At least I do remember the ez-board, so it's not all cotton fluff up there.

Hmm, maybe I should play number 186 in the lottery on our birthday!

Thanks, Patty

Awesome, Rachel, thanks for looking that up. I honestly cannot remember when I joined, but I think it was 2004 fall, maybe? A little fuzzy? Try a LOT fuzzy! :lol At least I do remember the ez-board, so it's not all cotton fluff up there.

Hmm, maybe I should play number 186 in the lottery on our birthday!

Thanks, Patty

It's easy to look up anyone's "number"; just hover your mouse over anyone's username in a thread and look at the number that appears at the end of the link.

Apparently I'm #5153... I joined in March 2006 (or so my profile says... I don't honestly remember!). Feels like I've been here forever. And I mean that in a good way! :lol

Happy Birthday Crochetville... I am pretty new here too but I really enjoy this site. It keeps me inspired and motivated. I love that there is so much encouragement given to each other, no matter what your level of crocheting ability is or how long you have been here. I feel it is a friendly site. Some sites have groups and they are closed or have certain requirements and newcomers are often left to fend for themselves. I am so glad I found this site.

just an idea but what about changing all our avitars to something crocheted, a hat blanket, purse, tote, mittens, toy, flower, or whatever we have crocheted?

Kinda wish that was my post count instead. I didn't join up until February of 2008, but that was one of the best things I've ever done!

just an idea but what about changing all our avitars to something crocheted, a hat blanket, purse, tote, mittens, toy, flower, or whatever we have crocheted?

OH wow that is a great idea!!!

I want to congratulate Crochetville and wish a :birthday!! I also want to say :ty for giving me so many hours of pure joy as I looked at the wonderful creations of members.. I have also cried over the loss of members, their pets, relatives or friends.. I have learned so many new techniques and short cuts and have accumulated tons of patterns (mostly doilies!!) while following the info given on the many post!! Crochetville is "Home"!! :yay:bday

Archived