Machine washable/machine dryable yarn???

craftymama86

I made a hat for a friend with Bernat:Baby Blanket yarn. For the care instructions all it says is machine dryable and machine washable. So, my question is, does it matter what temperature setting is used? I would think not since it didn't specify buuuut, I thought I would ask just to make sure. Thank you!

There are some labels, such as Bernat's Baby Blanket that don't list temperatures with words, they use laundry label icons to do so.

http://www.textileaffairs.com/lguide.htm

Based on that page, Baby Blanket is machine wash cold on gentle/delicate, tumble dry low on gentle/delicate.

I would assume it could be laid out to dry. I think Baby Blanket is polyester, I just don't know how long polyester takes to air dry. I know acrylics can, just give them an extra spin in the washer to wring out as much water as possible.

When in doubt, cold water, gentle cycle. My rule of thumb anyway :)

I follow the same rule of thumb. Also, I've been burned by "washable wool" before, so I generally don't machine wash that. :eek

My MIL once washed my younger daughters hat that I had made and it came out felted. She kinda takes over when my kids go over there... I don't mind them bringing dirty clothes home, lol.

Archived