Sign in to follow this  
craftymama86

Clips for crochet fascinators???

Question

I thought about crocheting some fascinators but as this is a first for me I don't know what kind of clips would be best since, I would think, crocheted items like this would be heavier than the usual flowery fascinators. SO, has anyone crocheted any fascinators and if so what have you found to work best? I also thought about, possibly, using headbands.... :think

12 answers to this question

I think your best bet would be to try a beauty supply store. I'll bet you could find all sorts of different clip styles there :)

Headbands are a good way to get started. I believe there are several different sizes of alligator clips as well.

I was thinking alligator clips. I found some for a good price on Etsy.

I bought a box of either 80 or 100 for about $4 on amazon for the smaller size. Amazon is good when you need a nice bulk amount of certain things :lol They are my best friend for diapers :D

Ok sorry to admit this but what is a fascinator? I a mguessing like hair clips with crocheted flowers?

Ok sorry to admit this but what is a fascinator? I a mguessing like hair clips with crocheted flowers?

I am so glad I wasn't the only one!!

I am so glad I wasn't the only one!!

Fancy hair attachments, like feathers, flowers, and even lights!!!

Calibrex has a large assortment and plenty of pics....

A very perky look, especially on her. No worrying about the wind blowing off your hat, or if the hat has moved instead of being perched just the way you like it. Also doesn't flatten your hair or make you sweaty on hot days.

I bought a box of either 80 or 100 for about $4 on amazon for the smaller size. Amazon is good when you need a nice bulk amount of certain things :lol They are my best friend for diapers :D

I always forget about Amazon, thanks!