Need idea for Kentucky Blue Yarn.

ThatThunderbird

:think:think:think

My son has finally decided on a afghan pattern and now I'm running into a problem. I figured I'd come to the experts and see what ideas you have!

He wants Kentucky blue and white. He has requested a soft feeling yarn. I would prefer not to use Red Heart due to the softness factor.

I am open to ideas as i will run them past him first.

Thank you very much for the help!!!

Since you said he's decided on a pattern, I assume you're looking for brand suggestions for the color.

You might check out I Love This Yarn and look at the Royal or Dark Country Blue colors and compare it to the UK blue. Peacock is a little more turquoise than blue but still a really nice color. It washes up really soft. Doing it online is hard so I'd have to go look at the yarn at a Hobby Lobby store. I'd love to suggest KnitPicks Brava but they don't have a blue that might even match.

Caron One Pound Royalty looks (online) to be a good match as does Caron Natura Royal. Red Heart Soft Touch has a Royal Blue that looks like it might be good. Vanna's Choice has a blue or two that might be good.

I have made quite a few UK projects through the years and I reccommend Hobby Lobby's, I Love This Yarn in Royal, It is the perfect color for it and it is a really soft yarn also. :cheer GO CATS! :cheer

If Kentucky blue is the same as royal blue then Caron Pounders has a beautiful color. It's one of my favorite yarns to work with and it washes up and softens beautifully.

here here! I do have problems finding alll the colors here locally. Someday when Joann's has an online sale...

The royal is a very pretty blue!

Archived