Have a question about Cathedral Rose Window Afghan Kit:

eurolyons

Question

So I ordered and received the kit for this afghan and am moving right along with basically no problem, but I am almost out of the gemstone yarn and I'm not sure I'm going to have enough to finish the rows yet to do that call for gemstone. I have ordered more yarn (because I wanted to take part of this pattern later and make pillows...) but I'm wondering if anyone else has ordered this kit, used it and had a problem similar to mine. I used a smaller hook and for once crocheted rather tight. I did a label check and it's possible that the kit might have been missing a skein of gemstone.

3 answers to this question

I would contact customer service for the company which created the kit and make them aware of your problem. They should send enough of the missing colors so that you can complete the afghan. Most companies want happy customers. Kits are expensive I would make them aware of missing

yarns.

I already did that and they will be sending me a skein...but my real question was whether or not anyone doing this particular afghan kit had a problem like this...

I just started this pattern last week and they have revised the pattern calling for 12 skeins of the gemstone yarn.  I hit a snag yesterday and after mulling it around in my head for over 24 hours I figured out the pattern.   I am making the pattern as written and have the 3-D look to the center of the afghan.   I have read that others did not like the 3-D effect and have changed the pattern to their own liking.  

I intend to use the afghan as a bed spread and the 3-D effect should be rather nice on the bed.

Archived