I Create

**Updated**Soap Saver

**Updating 2/3/2012** I have posted the directions Trish asked for on pg 2 of this post. I hope they are clear enough.

Do you remember these from the good ole days? They were made either as sachet bags with sweet-scented soap for the lingerie drawer or to put scraps of soap in to use up the last of the soap bars. I'm dating myself here.

I do enjoy crocheting in thread.

post-23943-135897733107_thumb.jpg

Edited by I Create

That would make a very nice gift for someone. Especially if it had some handmade soap with one of those exotic smells that they always have. It's amazing what people create :)

I have seen these before but have forgotten about them. That is a great idea for using up the last bits and for stretching the dollar.

So pretty! Nice job!

That's beautiful, I love the colors. I like the idea of putting a nice smelling soap in your drawers. Too cute.

I love those. I have made a few different kinds. I need to make one for myself, for all those little pieces of soap that I can't throw away. :P Your soap saver is pretty. :hook

Thanks, everyone......I'm going to make some more. I really like crocheting with thread now and then. A nice change from yarn. Making a baby blanket in bulky yarn right now and it's quite a different feel!

I've looked at different sachet patterns but can not seem to find this one.

Can you share the pattern?

Trish, I made it up as I went. All I did was ch about how wide I thought it should be to double it (fold it over), then dc in each chain. Of course turn and ch 3 at the beg of each row. Then dc in each dc, and kept on like that till I thought it was big enough to hold a bar of soap though it's made for scraps. Then I slip stitched down the one side to close the 2 sides, also sl st across the bottom to close, and also sl st along the other side which was not open (to give it a uniform look). Then sc around the top opening, *next ch 2, two hdc, skip next sc, sl st in the next sc* repeat around, join. Then I threaded a narrow ribbon piece in and out of the bag just under the trim.

I used either size 5 or 10 thread, I'm not sure which it is because the label is gone and I haven't compared it to other thread I have. I am almost sure it is size 5. Used a size 1 steel hook.

Hope this helps. If you have a question, feel free to ask. My directions might not be so clear to someone else. :)

So very pretty!

Very pretty and useful, now days we use the soap dispenser bottles everywear. Buy very few bars of soap.