A couple of sewing projects

Gardener

A kindle cozy for my DD and a crochet project organizer for me.

The organizer was inspired by the picture in this post . I was hoping to buy something similar, and checked her Etsy shop several times, but it seems to be gone, so I made my own. I sewed this on my "new" 40 year old Kenmore sewing machine, (one with all the bells and whistles that they made back then, including a monogrammer), but I had a few issues with using an unfamiliar machine and so it did not turn out as nicely as I was hoping. (Don't feel sorry for me, I have four sewing machines, including two much newer ones. Also this old machine runs beautifully, it is all operator error!)

I had to add some white ribbon to the organizer to tie the scissors in place, as they kept wanting to fall out. The other white loop is to hold stitch markers. I made a little needle book to hold some needles, (it fits into a pocket) and I also made 4 crochet hook pockets and a pocket for a 6 inch ruler. A small measuring tape would work in it as well. Both fabrics are seersucker, and even though it doesn't look like they match in my pictures, they do co-ordinate. I put a sheet of thin plastic in each side of the organizer to give it some stability.

post-6189-135897733067_thumb.jpg

post-6189-13589773307_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897733073_thumb.jpg

Archived