If You Give Crochetville A Mascot......

What type of mascot would you like Crochetville to have?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What type of mascot would you like Crochetville to have?

• Alpaca
    • Sheep
    • Bunny
    • L'il Dippy: HUGE custom hook made by Jimbo
    • Muskox (qiviut)
    • Cat
    • Dog
    • Unicorn
    • Other (please post your idea in the thread)
    • Nothing: a mascot is a silly idea

Ya know - I just LOVE Jimbo! He's so awesome!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of a Dippy Jr. I like the woodgrain but you could do his accessories in Cville blue. Perhaps someone around here knows how to animate gifs? Could even have the little square Cville 'badge' (the blue square with the angled hook) on the front of his hat maybe?

Is there any way to add to the poll once it's started?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the hook thingee, but wouldn't it be neat if he/she had a pet of his own? Say a lamb on a leash? A ready source of yarn....JMHO, :lol
This is cute, Carol!

As for colors, I kind of lean toward natural like Dippy but with lovely blue accessories, as RoseRed suggested.

I wonder how Dippy got his name? Jimbo? Oh, and dear Jimbo, you are a fabulous guy, we all know that, but I must say your C'ville stock has just gone up another few notches with your offer to make a Lil' Dippy! Thank you from the bottoms of our collective hearts! :hug

Just edited the poll to change an option with no votes to "L'il Dippy: HUGE custom hook made by Jimbo."

Jimbo, yes, my sis and even dh will help with limbs and any painting/staining that is necessary.

This hook is going to have some major personality! We'll need a name to reflect that personality, but we may want to see the hook before choosing a name. :hook

Amy, some of the people who previously voted might like to change their votes since there is a new entry but it's not possible to vote a second time. There is a message telling us we "already voted on this poll". :think

Amy, some of the people who previously voted might like to change their votes since there is a new entry but it's not possible to vote a second time. There is a message telling us we "already voted on this poll". :think

I can change the voting options, but I can't figure out a way to give people the option to change their vote.

It's okay to just post a note in the thread to say you've changed your vote from ____________ to ____________.

It's all just in good fun anyway, except we really are going to have Jimbo make a hook for us!

I'd like it to be a girl for some reason. Her name could be Villa.

Jimbo even suggested that Crochetville's hook be a girl. He even suggested that people could make outfits for her. Then I can dress her up, take her on adventures to CGOA or other crochet group meetings, conferences, around town, and whatever! And of course take lots of pictures to post. :hook

Dippy just heard he might be a daddy... he's very happy at the prospect:

(just to show how happy a hook can be, they have built-in smiles!) Oh and there's another reason Dippy himself should decline mascotship. He's covered with autographs from his sweeties.

post-3105-135897733688_thumb.jpg

Dippy looks quite ecstatic!

Just in case our hook is interested in getting some signature tattoos when she's out meeting fans, any suggestions for what type of pen works best? (I'm leaning toward leaving the hook in natural wood color, at the very most a light stain and some sort of sealer for protection. Definitely no actual paint.)

I think a sheep crocheting with her own wool. Crocheting right from her body, half her would appear "naked" :lol. Another idea: a sheep sitting, reading a paper, another sitting and crocheting with the wool coming from the 1st sheep :lol.

The hook is a good mascot too.

Ellie 13

None - OF THE CHOICES OFFERED

----

Not that I can think of a better one, but I never much liked inanimate objects as mascots, Cats make me sneeze, and a mascot should not represent just a "single" aspect of the group.

----

Bob and other like him "just happened" - he is their dog child after all.

----

Now perhaps a TIC slogan...

Crochetville - A Home for Happy & Helpful Hooking Community

(yes, it is true, I like Alliteration - always have)

Just my two cents waiting for change

Wheat

Now perhaps a TIC slogan...

Crochetville - A Home for Happy & Helpful Hooking Community

(yes, it is true, I like Alliteration - always have)

We already have a tag line (under our logo at top of screen):

Discussing, encouraging, and supporting crochet

I always was of the thought that mascots were live beings and not inanimate objects but who am I to say what can or can't be a mascot. I love the idea of a Jimbo hook. Making it a girl with outfits is a cute idea!

My other thought about a mascot would be an angora bunny. Too many times do I see sheep related to yarn objects and angora bunnies are so adorable and their fur is perfect to spin into yarn. Maybe an angora bunny could have different fur-dos similar to different yarn types(hair dos) -lol

I think a female crochet hook is perfect for our mascot....especially since we have a huge hook right at the top of our page....and for the most part...you need a hook to crochet!

As far as it being an inanimate object...why not!....I'm rather partial to Otto the Orange from Syracuse University!

Dippy looks quite ecstatic!

Just in case our hook is interested in getting some signature tattoos when she's out meeting fans, any suggestions for what type of pen works best? (I'm leaning toward leaving the hook in natural wood color, at the very most a light stain and some sort of sealer for protection. Definitely no actual paint.)

I don't know about the tatoos...he/she would eventually fill up-then what? Perhaps he/she needs a pattern type book to collect autographs.

It could be a book with a false made up cover to look like a crochet pattern book, and then people could sign the pages.

I like the idea of a cute alpaca as a mascot! I like animals to begin with and prefer them being animated rather than a ... well .... "inanimate object." LOL! I am not in favor of using cats, dogs, or bunnies as mascots here so as to not confuse anyone into thinking we were using their fibers to crochet with..... although I'm sure somewhere someone has.... Unicorns seems sort of juvenile and a muskox seems sort of gross to me. Sheep are usually associated with fiber arts but you see it more with knitting so I think going with the alpaca would be a nice change. Doesn't mean everyone uses that fiber, just as all knitters don't use sheep's wool. But... it would be cute. I have a bunch of sheep already so maybe I should have voted for sheep but since I have found I'm not allergic to alpaca, I guess I have more of an affinity for them. :)

Now -- who's a good cartoon artist that could make a cartoon alpaca? But ... actually it looks like alpaca is a bit behind a few other ideas. Even no mascot seems to be in the lead along with cats. The cats part surprises me -- I guess it is because a lot of people have them?

Now -- who's a good cartoon artist that could make a cartoon alpaca? But ... actually it looks like alpaca is a bit behind a few other ideas. Even no mascot seems to be in the lead along with cats. The cats part surprises me -- I guess it is because a lot of people have them?

I think it may be because (like us yarnaholics) they love to play with the yarn. :lol

Archived