If You Give Crochetville A Mascot......

What type of mascot would you like Crochetville to have?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What type of mascot would you like Crochetville to have?

• Alpaca
    • Sheep
    • Bunny
    • L'il Dippy: HUGE custom hook made by Jimbo
    • Muskox (qiviut)
    • Cat
    • Dog
    • Unicorn
    • Other (please post your idea in the thread)
    • Nothing: a mascot is a silly idea

If you give Crochetville a mascot, what should it be?

In your wildest dreams, if Crochetville had a mascot, what do you think it should be? Ravelry has Bob, what should we have?

Would you like a mascot based on an actual living animal (I have 5 really cute cats!) or an illustrated animal?

I'm not saying we WILL have a mascot. I was just looking at my cats and the idea popped into my head.

Answer the poll and/or leave a comment in the thread.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a ball of yarn crocheting would be cute. You can give it a face, use the "ends" of yarn as hands and have it with a hook and working on a project. OR.......he could be "wrapping" a skein of yarn into a ball. I think that would be neat.

I think a ball of yarn crocheting would be cute. You can give it a face, use the "ends" of yarn as hands and have it with a hook and working on a project. OR.......he could be "wrapping" a skein of yarn into a ball. I think that would be neat.

I just LOVE this idea !!!!

I went with other. I like the Crochetville logo as it is, or I'm okay with a ball of yarn crocheting away. I wouldn't go with an animal, myself, because to me, that shuns other fibers. I can't really afford to work with alpaca or other high end fibers so my poor acrylic gets dusted off and it looks all pitiful, sad and woebegone :lol

I LOVE :manyheart LOVE :manyheart LOVE :manyheart this ideal!!

No worries, our crochet hook logo isn't going anywhere. We spent a lot of money to trademark that, so we're keeping it forever, most likely.

Any mascot would be an "extra" just sort of fun thing.

I like the "I'll pack a ....." idea. That's cute! The alpaca would need a crochet bag that's like the little car packed full of clowns at the circus or Hermione's tiny bag in Harry Potter 7 with the undectable extension charm that lets her stuff it full of books, pictures, clothes, and not weigh anything at all---but in this case, stuffed full of yarn, hooks, patterns, tools, an iPad/tablet/laptop for viewing Crochetville, etc.!

I'm with Darski and others who thought 'I thought the hook was our mascot'.

I'm not sure about animating it, but maybe making it 3-D? Changing colors (wood grain, metallic, plastic...) if you animate it? Or maybe an occasional sparkle?

I was thinking like a "service dog" and they have those lil packs on each side looks like saddle bags and you could have the Tablet and magazines on one side and then yarn hooks needles etc on the other side

I really like the Harry Potter reference ;) I need a bag of holding :hug

I chose a unicorn because I figured no one else would and we don't get enough unicorns in adulthood :). Hey, it could work its tail and mane could be yarn and its horn could be a crochet hook :D .

Either way I don't think it should be animals that are used for yarn (sheep, alpaca, etc.) because every yarn/crochet/knitting shop uses them as their mascot. And, I think it kind of discriminates a bit against other yarns.

Something cute, like a cat, dog, unicorn ;) or even a ball of yarn as suggested.

I think if it were a ball of yarn and animated it would be cute to have the yarn crocheting with its own yarn and unraveling itself or something like that.

How about a crocheting cat? Mine likes to "help" whenever I have a ball of yarn that didn't get tucked far down enough in my project bag- I'll find yarn wrapped around all the furniture and draped all over everything. She can unroll a whole ball of yarn in the minute or two I'm out of the room. If only I could teach her to crochet.:lol

I would choose the Wild Acrylan! :wink — No, honestly, I don't know. Does C'ville need a mascot? :think Only, looking at the other replies, I can see that it is a popular idea. Whatever is chosen, I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

Truthfully, I can't think of any mascot that would work. I guess a cat playing with yarn or a ball of yarn and hook animated.

You have to be careful with 3-D, as there are some of us who would not be able to see it in 3-D.

Just my opinion:hook

From my viewpoint, a mascot should be something that is integral to the site, some visual reference that has been there from the beginning that people associate with Crochetville. The hook has always been a unique identifier for this forum, and reflects the essence of the site better than additional logos or mascots could.

Archived