Comfort Pack

creativegoodness

Hey all! I wanted to make a comfort pack for my friend at work who's 3 months pregnant. I thought it'd be perfect. You can see more of it here on my blog along with a link to the pattern. I really liked it and will be making more...one for me too:D

comfortresize.jpg

Hmm..I wonder why you can't comment on my blog when you click the link above:think You can from the main page on my blog:huh

Looks great! :clap

I love this pattern--the one I've made so far is wonderful to use and stays warm/cold so much longer than storebought ones do, I think probably because of the crocheted cover. (I'm almost done with a second one now, just need to sew on the buttons and make the inner pack, because I :manyheart the first one so much and wanted a second one in a longer/more narrow shape.)

I just need to find cheap flax seeds somewhere - ha, Whole Foods definitely doesn't apply.

You know what? I found mine at this little bulk store by my house. My mom suggested I go there, and sure enough they had them, and alot of beans, rice, nuts, and other stuff, pretty cheap too. But it was a rather small store I had been in once a long time ago. So maybe you will get lucky and find a place like that, just look for a bulk food store. :xfin for you!

And the lavendar that I added made it smell so good! I found these little sachets at Walmart with the dried lavendar "flowers" or "seeds" (whatever they are called). I think those will work better than the "oil" scent because they should last longer.

Hey all! I wanted to make a comfort pack for my friend at work who's 3 months pregnant. I thought it'd be perfect. You can see more of it here on my blog along with a link to the pattern. I really liked it and will be making more...one for me too:D

comfortresize.jpg

Geee... I wanna be your friend! :lol Oh wait.... without the being pregnant part lol

Great work! love the adding of lavendar, calming idea!

Very nice! I have made two so far. One awhile back, and one I just made last week. I haven't put the flax seeds in the new one yet. They are great. I made mine out of 100% cotton, the kind used for dishcloths. The only thing I have noticed is that it sweats a bit when heated. Is it just me? Or is it because I used cotton? Should I try acrylic? Maybe I am just being silly? Any thoughts? :blush

Very nice! I have made two so far. One awhile back, and one I just made last week. I haven't put the flax seeds in the new one yet. They are great. I made mine out of 100% cotton, the kind used for dishcloths. The only thing I have noticed is that it sweats a bit when heated. Is it just me? Or is it because I used cotton? Should I try acrylic? Maybe I am just being silly? Any thoughts? :blush

Hi! I read that the comfort pack can feel moist when heated, and it's because of the oil in the seeds. So that is normal:) Also, they said not to use synthetic fibers because they could melt or something if they get too hot, so I would stick with the 100% cotton. Hope that helps!

Jessi, what a great idea for Christmas gifts! Did you use a pattern?

Yes, it is a pattern from Crochetme. I put a link to it on my blog, it's in bold in my post:)

:ty everyone! I finally got to give it to her and she loved it. She told me no one had ever made her anything before, and she really appreciated it. Don't you just love it when you give someone something and they actually appreciate it!!) She thought it was great since she's got all the aches and pains of pregnancy!

Does rice work for these? A friend told me she has one and the flax seeds eventually became rancid.

EugeneClarence

Well, the reason that the pattern called for Flax Seed was because rice gave off a smell when the pack was heated. I do not know if the flax seeds will smell after time, because this is the first time I have made one.

:ty everyone!!! She loved it when I gave it to her.

you can also use long grained rice(uncooked of course:lol :lol ) but must be the long grain and not the minute rice as it sometimes startes cooking. jessi that was a very nice thing to do for your friend. i love mine that i made , although my didn't have a crocheted cover, will have to try that one of these days:hug :hug :hug

I love it! That's another one that's been on my to-do list for quite some time. I just need to find cheap flax seeds somewhere - ha, Whole Foods definitely doesn't apply.

its true the rice does give off aslight smell, smells like bread baking LOL, but it does not last long, after using it for about a week the smell went away. i tried the flax seed, but they are so expensive(i made like 25 of these last year for gifts) and they do turn rancid after a while, but it does take a while i know. whatever works for you is the thing to use, i am going to harvest some of my lavender this weekend and dry it and try putting that in with the rice for a wonderful smell and a great sleep aid. lavender is wonderful for that. i was having a hard time sleeping , and brought a small sprig of the lavender into the bedroom, and i fell asleep and slept all night for the first time in months.

Well, the reason that the pattern called for Flax Seed was because rice gave off a smell when the pack was heated. I do not know if the flax seeds will smell after time, because this is the first time I have made one.

:ty everyone!!! She loved it when I gave it to her.

Archived