Hexagon afghan

Janice Snyder

This is my first afghan. I started crocheting 3 months ago.

The Afghan is 75'' x 80''. I may decide to add half hexagons down the sides. I used 16 different colors, plus yellow and white for the centers. The yarns used were Bernat Handicrafter and Lily Sugar 'n Cream. Both are 100% cotton.

*Also, please note the dark color is navy, not black.*

post-54913-135897730052_thumb.jpg

post-54913-135897730056_thumb.jpg

post-54913-135897730059_thumb.jpg

post-54913-135897730061_thumb.jpg

I love the yellow background too. You've done a beautiful job! It doesn't look like it needs extra hex's down the side. Would more make it too heavy? Don't forget you'll have to wash it someday and you don't want it too big for that.

Wonderful job, it's so pretty and colorful. What a great accomplishment for being a new crocheter, I only did little projects for the first year or so.

Thanks everyone. And no I didn't join as I went. I tried it but it just wasn't happening. I made them all first, put a round of yellow on them and then sewed them together with yellow yarn. I dreaded the sewing part, but it ended up to be enjoyable. The weaving in is what I don't enjoy..

That's gorgeous! I've been crocheting for years now and still haven't completed an afghan of that size. Very well done! :cheer

Archived