Beaded Border Afghan

TCarra

Hi Everyone ~ As many of you know, I needed help with finding a bead for the border of this special afghan (http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=135819). What a quest!!! Well, here is the finished blanket (finally!), ready to mail tomorrow. It is a gift for DH's friend who recently had breast cancer surgery. I wanted to incorporate the color pink and hoped to have a pink pearl bead border but that didn't work. I used cream colored beads instead and I did pink flowers at the border's edge.

Thanks for looking! :manyheart

PATTERN INFO: Pearls & Lace from Heirloom Afghans (The Needlecraft Shop).

post-28375-135897729964_thumb.jpg

post-28375-135897729967_thumb.jpg

post-28375-13589772997_thumb.jpg

Thanks, everyone! :hug

I think it turned out great. I love the flowers in the corner.

Thank you, jolena! The pattern instructed putting 2 flowers in each corner, but I felt it was too much for the nice girl I am gifting it to, so I only did it in one. :)

Oh my, it's just lovely! I'm sure it will brighten her day!

So glad you were able to work thru the bead problems, they certainly are a nice touch to this gorgeous afghan!

Hi everybody! Just wanted to thank you so much for your kind words. :hug Due to freezing rain, I didn't get to mail it today, so it's going out tomorrow. I do hope she likes it. I don't know her. But DH saw it and thinks she will. Hopefully! :)

Archived