Rapunzel play set with tower, prince and horse - many pics!

UlrikeR

Hi all,

here´s my latest project. It took me a little less than three weeks to finish and I´m a bit sad it´s done because it was so much fun - especially because our little girl (3,5) shared her ideas with me and I tried to crochet them :) It was she who suggested the horse needed food and water :lol She also wanted curtains...

The idea was to create a "playable" Rapunzel tower. This is what features it has:

* the bucket, mirror, birdhouse and sign are removable and can be either carried by the dolls or hanged onto other hooks

* the fireplace has an electric candle in it

* the sign can be turned around - on one side it´s a "no princes" sign by the witch, on the other a "braid coming down" sign by Rapunzel

* the horse can be tied to the tower, the "water" and "food" for the horse can be removed

* there is a "hair-rope" that can be let down

* the roof of the tower can be taken off to play inside Rapunzel´s room

That´s it! Our daughter is busy playing with it right now - probably swinging poor Rapunzel by her hair again ;) I hope you enjoyed :)

post-42826-135897729119_thumb.jpg

post-42826-135897729124_thumb.jpg

post-42826-135897729129_thumb.jpg

post-42826-135897729132_thumb.jpg

That is simply amazing! You should write up a pattern for that. So many little girls would love that, plus would be an amazing toy for a Waldorf-type preschool.

The pattern itself would be perfect for a Waldorf school that had older grades, as the older children could actually make the pattern.

That is simply amazing! You should write up a pattern for that. So many little girls would love that, plus would be an amazing toy for a Waldorf-type preschool.

The pattern itself would be perfect for a Waldorf school that had older grades, as the older children could actually make the pattern.

I´m very happy you like it so much! I´m afraid, though, that I´m even worse at writing patterns than I am at following them (and that´s saying something :blush).

Maybe I could write something like a basic instruction for those who are interested... I´ll have to think about that.

I wish I had the talent to create something without a pattern as you have, especially something so elaborate! There are so many details... you and your daughter thought of everything. Personally, the more pictures the better. I don't get enough of them :manyheart

Ulrike, this is just wonderful! I love the imagination and the details you have put into it! And how fun to collaborate on it with your daughter:). I love that it is a one of a kind piece, there is not another like it in the world...and if you are like me, you probably could not make another exactly like it if you tried:lol

Ulrike, this is just wonderful! I love the imagination and the details you have put into it! And how fun to collaborate on it with your daughter:). I love that it is a one of a kind piece, there is not another like it in the world...and if you are like me, you probably could not make another exactly like it if you tried:lol

Thank you! :) I´m so happy that everyone likes this so much :blush

And you are right - I could not repeat this for the life of me :lol

Archived