karen007

flowers in a row

Question

Does anyone remember seeing a pattern for a afghan that was little maybe shell like flowers. The colors that were used made it look like rows of flowers. There is one on the lily site i think but I don't think thats it because I don't remember there being holes in it.

14 answers to this question

The one from crochet pattern central looks a lot like the pattern I now only see in my head. But it seems it was three repeating rows like white,green,pink. And somehow the stitch made it look like flowers. But I don't remember it being a blanket with spaces or air holes.

Was this a pattern you saw in an afghan already made, or perhaps with a group of other patterns on a website or in a magazine? The information might give us a clue.

I was actually thinking I saw it here. I have gone through Raverly but found nothing. It was just a simple pattern of a baby blanket that that looked so nice but also simple. They used green in a row than pink than green again maybe yellow. Anyway it looked like little rows of flowers. Thank you everyone for looking.

I made this one a few years ago. It's in Leisure Arts A Year of Afghans 1996 (hardback) and it was called Tulip Kisses.

post-12757-13589772767_thumb.jpg

Karen

I made the RedHeart Flowers in a Row and posted a pic here....it does have some holes in the stitch pattern, but doesnt really show in a pic....I can post the pic of the one I made again if you like....

I started on the red heart pattern. It is going to be a baby blanket so I changed up the colors and the size. I was hoping to avoid holes but couldn't. I will post a picture when I get a chance. Thank everyone for your time on this.

Well I made the baby blanket from the tulip red heart pattern. I changed about everything except the stitch to make the flower rows. It turned out more like a heavy baby blanket than a traditional new baby blanket. I used Hobby Lobby baby yarn that was cotton and acrylic. It was made for my grandaughters teacher. She asked my grandaughter if i would make a blanket for her six month old after recieving a cowl I made her for an xmas gift. I have never met this lady and had no idea what she had in mind. Getting information out of a tweener grandaughter was scattered to say the least. I sent it to school this morning with a price tag of 25.00. I made it clear to let her no she was under no obligation to buy it. My grandaughter thought 25.00 was to much money. I tried to explain i had that much in it just in yarn. I checked on Esty for some prices and 25.00 seemed more than fair. I hope I didn't ask to much.

post-45934-135897732697_thumb.jpg

post-45934-135897732702_thumb.jpg

tulip red heart pattern>>>> It was made for my grandaughters teacher. >>>> I sent it to school this morning with a price tag of 25.00. I made it clear to let her no she was under no obligation to buy it. My grandaughter thought 25.00 was to much money. I tried to explain i had that much in it just in yarn. >>>>> I hope I didn't ask to much.

Well to me that's not too much at all. I think it's worth alot more than that as it is beautifull.

Thanks for the kind words. The teacher must have liked it she bought it. I don't know why I worry so much about projects that go out the door.