Yet Another Newbie

redrosesdz

Hi! I'm Sharon. I love red roses by the dozen (redrosesdz). Most people online call me Red. I'm from PA. I have 2 sons, ages 22 and 23, and a granddaughter, age 2. The last crocheting that I did was my sons' baby blankets. Before they were born, I had crocheted on and off for 15 years. I also do cross-stitching. Last year I cross-stitched a lap quilt for my mom's Christmas present. Two years ago my sister helped me quilt a baby blanket for my granddaughter.

This year I decided to start crocheting again. I'm over 1/2 through making an afghan throw for my oldest son. He's graduating college in March. The throw will be 4.5' x 6.5' in red/black rainbow boucle. It will hopefully match the black/cream with bits of red quilt that my sister is making for him.

My youngest son is graduating college next year, so I'm working on plans for his afghan. He wants one that is queen size. I've also got 2 cross-stitch projects planned for this year. It's going to be a busy year!

I've only been reading this forum for the past couple of weeks and am enjoying it very much.

Archived