Suitable buttons for trim.

Join all rounds unless told otherwise.

DNBO = Do Not Break off

Pants…

post-4896-135897726684_thumb.jpg

Legs.. DNBO after 2nd leg

Ch 13 and join (join all rounds)

Row 1: dc in ea chain..

Row 2: *dc in 2, 2dc in next* to last st, dc in last.

Row 3: dc in 1, [2dc in next, dc in 4] 3 times. 2dc in last.

Row 4:dc in 3, [2dc in next, dc in 4] 3times, 2dc in next, dc in 2.

Rows 5-11: dc evenly

Your Torso rows begin and end at Centre Front.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join, dc to Centre Back joining and work 2 TR into the CB join, then continue in dc to beginning of row being sure to put stitch in sc-joined stitch on this side, join.

Row T2-T5: work evenly in dc.

Row T6: work a row of hdc around an elastic waistband. Join. Break off and tidy all ends.

Hat…

post-4896-135897726689_thumb.jpg

with white and 5.5mm hook

Ch 3,

Row 1: 7 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. (8hdc)

Row 2: 2hdc in ea hdc.

Row 3: *2hdc in 1, hdc in next* rep to end.

Row 4: *hdc in 2, 2 hdc in next* rep to end.

Row 5: hdc in 1, *2 hdc in next, hdc in 3* rep to last 2 sts, hdc in 2.

Rows 6-11: hdc evenly.

Row 12: hdc in 1, hdc dec, hdc to last 3 sts, hdc dec, hdc in last. Join and break off.

Ears…

NOTE: leave a reasonable tail at the beginning and the end of the ears to form the ear shape and to attach it to the hat.

Ch 4, work 8 dc into 4th ch from hook. Break off and use one of the tails to sew the end edges together.

Use the other tail to sew the ear to the hat. Place them where it looks good to you.

Sweater…

post-4896-135897726692_thumb.jpg

w/ black and 5.00mm hook ch 36 and join…

Row 1: hdc evenly around.

Row 2: work [hdc in 1,FPdc around next] to end. Break off black and join white and change to 5.5mm hook x

Row 3: dc in 6, 2dc in next 2, dc in 11, 2dc in next 2, dc in 12, 2dc in next 2, dc in 11, 2dc in next 2, dc in 6. (44dc)

Row 4: dc in 7, 2dc in next 2, dc in 13, 2dc in next 2, dc in 14, 2dc in next 2, dc in 13, 2dc in next 2, dc in 7.

Row 5: dc in 8, 2dc in next 2, dc in 15, 2dc in next 2, dc in 16, 2dc in next 2, dc in 15, 2dc in next 2, dc in 8.

Row 6: dc in 9, dc bet sts, sk 17. Dc bet sts, dc in 18, dc bet sts, sk 17, dc bet sts, dc in 9.

Rows 7-9: dc evenly. Break off white and att black. Switch to 5.00mm hook

Row 10: hdc evenly around.

Row 11: work [hdc in 1, FPdc around next] to end. Break off and tidy all ends.

Sleeves… att white in sleeve holes and work in dc around opening until long enough. 5.5mm hook I did finagle 2 extra stitches (beg and end) as 17 was not enough for the arm.

Your choice whether you finish with black trim or not. :wlol just remember to allow room if you choose the trim.

Because the neck is large enough to go over the head I had to weave in 2 strands of yarn as ties to draw it closed when worn. I used black to blend in but the colour could have worked as well

The Bear face… I am hoping that my loyal followers can do a better job of this than I did . Work from and improve upon the pics.

I placed the three buttons on the front and then did the trim effort.

Those ears… they are there.

Att white yarn and ch 6, slst into 1st ch.

slst across 3or 4 sts then work another ch 6 ear. Break off and tidy ends.

With an appropriate colour, work the face outline using surface crochet or embroider with split stitch.

Booties…

post-4896-135897726696_thumb.jpg

Sorry the black doesn’t show well in pics

w/ black WW yarn and 5.00mm hook … ch2

work in a continuous spiral for the first 6 rounds. Use a marker if needed

Row 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook..

Row 2: 2 sc in esc.

Row 3: sc in 3, 2 sc in next, sc in 4, 2 sc in next, sc in 3.

Row 4: sc in 4, 2 sc in next, sc in 4, 2sc in next, sc in 4. (16sc at this point)

Rows 5-6: sc evenly. End w/ slst into 1st sc.

Row 7: ch 3, 2sc into 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, (You are now going to sc around the edge of the slipper… trust me J ) sc evenly to end, work sc into other side of ch and end w/ 2 sc in last.

Rows 8-11: sc evenly back and forth

Row 12: start and end with 3hdc then sc as established.

Row 13: work the 3 hdc at beginning and end and also work 3 decreases at the heel to help shape the bootie. Break off leaving a goodly tail and sew up the back edge of the booties. Tidy all ends.

These booties should stay on and stay under the pants.

post-4896-135897726703_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2012

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertising of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897726699_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i have a question regarding instructions for the sweater, row 3....you start out with chain 36...with no increases in row 1 or 2 but in row 3 you end up with 54 stitches....if my calculations are right.....that's wrong...increase 8 dc added to 36 is only 44...am i missing something here...please help...i've already made the hat and booties...working on this for my grandbaby...thanks

i have a question regarding instructions for the sweater, row 3....you start out with chain 36...with no increases in row 1 or 2 but in row 3 you end up with 54 stitches....if my calculations are right.....that's wrong...increase 8 dc added to 36 is only 44...am i missing something here...please help...i've already made the hat and booties...working on this for my grandbaby...thanks

Oh for crying out loud - it's a typo!!!!!!

deal with it.

• 2 months later...

You have some of the most beautiful doll baby clothing I have ever seen. I tried working on two other of your patterns Aqua Baby and Butter Cup and I keep running into the same problems. I can't :angry seem to connect the legs together right and I must be using the wrong size hooks because they come out big. :lol

Anyway thanks and I well keep trying.

You have some of the most beautiful doll baby clothing I have ever seen. I tried working on two other of your patterns Aqua Baby and Butter Cup and I keep running into the same problems. I can't :angry seem to connect the legs together right and I must be using the wrong size hooks because they come out big. :lol

Anyway thanks and I well keep trying.

to join the legs you need to line them up side by side with your active loop more to the right. At this point you have 4 "rows" of crochet. working into only the middle two sets of stitches you just sc those together over 5 or 6 stitches. I think I have a pic of this somewhere but I need to find it before I can post it. :eek

• 5 months later...

Archived