Sign in to follow this  
Memawjohn

Ldc Lhdc?

Question

I am working on a teddy bear blanket for my grandson that will be here next month. The pattern calls for a long double crochet and a long half double crochet but doesnt say how to do it. Does anyone know how to do these stitches?:think

7 answers to this question

Kathy uses both those stitches in some of her thread work. Her Crochetville name is Katchkan, think I spelled that correctly. Maybe if you send her a pm, she will tell you exactly how to do it. I do both those stitches, but not sure if I could explain them to you.

I think its just going into the space between the stitches one row BELOW the row you are working in - so when you draw your yarn through the piece, the first two loops are normal but the third one is long to accommodate for the extra row space.

I went to the 2nd link and all the talk of counterclockwise confused me LOL

I think its just going into the space between the stitches one row BELOW the row you are working in - so when you draw your yarn through the piece, the first two loops are normal but the third one is long to accommodate for the extra row space.

I went to the 2nd link and all the talk of counterclockwise confused me LOL

To tell you the truth, I never paid much attention to how I wrapped the yarn around the hook when I worked a stitch.

Most of the teardrop or ldc patterns I have made had spaces with a skipped stitch in the prior row. So when you were on the 2nd row the ldc was worked into the empty/skipped stitch. Not knowing the exact pattern I can't really say how she is to work it.:think:think