How many rounds??

milkyway

Question

I was the coffee shop the other morning. I was showing someone my UBW hat that I had just finished for my nephew. This guy saw it and said "Do you knit?" I said no I crochet. He asked if I could make a baby afghan for his girlfriend. These 2 have never even said good morning to me. Before I could answer, he started saying I'll pay you for it.

I said sure, I could make one. So she said she wanted blue, green and white. I said ok, I'll get the yarn.

This morning she says I hope you didn't get the yarn yet, cause I want different colors, instead of green she wants navy.

My question is how many rounds should I do for a round ripple? I was figuring 5 sets of 3 rows of each color.

Plus I was wondering how much to charge. I figured $25.00, as they can't afford much. What do you think?

3 answers to this question

Is that $25 plus the yarn or with the yarn included? The most important thing to remember about pricing is that YOU need to be happy with it.

I tend to make my baby RRs about 4 feet from point to point (3 feet from valley to valley) because babies grow so fast and this way they'll get lots more use out of the blanket.

I prefer to mix the colors up and do more of a colorplay than to do big blocks of color but again - that's all personal preference.

How many rounds is going to depend on your tension and how big you want it to be.

I agree with RoseRed, as usual. Ha. The blanket should be big enough for the child to have plenty of use out of it. However, it does depend on your tension. I would suggest to work the rounds until you have the length you're looking for.

I agree with RoseRed & KeepsakeKrochet, make the blanket large enough to give the baby good use out of it. As for what to charge - check out what blankets of that size go for in the market place, check out Esty, Ebay, etc. and make sure you have an agreement on the price before you begin. Remember, unless you make yourself one, you are not a charity.

Archived