January '12 Charity CAL: 1/19 - 1/24

nicolep

I'm baaaaaack!!!! :D

Are we ready for another charity weekend?

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letters so we can all see how much a few people can do.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back too. Just pulled yarn for more baby items. Got a call from NICU locally through our knitting group coordinator and their need is great. I mentioned I made small stars with center and border in either blue or pink for mom's to take home as mommento and they are interested in those as well. Excited to get started.

I'm in! I'm working on the first prayer shawl of the year and have three preemie afghans done so far, so my charity making is well underway for this year. :manyheart

I'm in! I'm working on the first prayer shawl of the year and have three preemie afghans done so far, so my charity making is well underway for this year. :manyheart

Hi, Linda! :D Thanks again for covering while life got in my way for a few months.

I am in. Not sure exactly what I will be making as everything I have been making is for charity. Either my oncologist's office (chemo caps) or my church's clothes closet (caps, scarves, potholders, dish cloths).

Hi, Linda! :D Thanks again for covering while life got in my way for a few months.

Not a problem, Nicole. Glad I could help out. We had fun with virtual goodies and a recipe swap to spice things up.

Tomorrow is the official first day, but I've been working on my current Celtic Knot prayer shawl and just finished the center/back section. I'm starting on the first side/wing now. See you all tomorrow.:hook

Tomorrow is the official first day, but I've been working on my current Celtic Knot prayer shawl and just finished the center/back section. I'm starting on the first side/wing now. See you all tomorrow.:hook

Getting a head start huh? I like the way you operate! :lol

I might as well start today also....snow, snow and more snow. We are used to rain. 8" of snow in 6 hrs. Worst of the storm has past but with our steep hills I won't be going anywhere. Time for a cup of cocoa and to settle in for an afternoon of crocheting.

:cheerSee you tomorrow

Getting a head start huh? I like the way you operate! :lol
:DI agree!!

I might as well start today also....snow, snow and more snow. We are used to rain. 8" of snow in 6 hrs. Worst of the storm has past but with our steep hills I won't be going anywhere. Time for a cup of cocoa and to settle in for an afternoon of crocheting.
:2snowBe careful with all that snow, you could some my way :lol I agree it makes very good crochet weather :hook

I would like to join. This would be my 1st ever charity crochet here :)

I will be making some items to donate to our local Women & Children shelter.

:welcomeGlad you are joining us, I'll be making hats for the homeless.

René

I am soooo ready. Working on the first side of the Celtic Knot Prayer Shawl. Prayer shawl group meets tonight so that should help get a bunch done on it. Every other row is a decrease row so the beginning seems to take forever and then the last part goes very fast. Hope to finish the first side today. :hook

Are we ready?!?!?! :hook

Ready :hook

Went to my knitting group (crochet) today, thought I was going to start on the ubw during the meeting, :blushforgot what the pattern was, I thought I had it memorized, but what I did didn't seem right, so I had to put it away and work on it this evening :hook

:cheer

Archived