2012 - Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivery Tomorrow!

badrhinogillett

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be taking the afghans tomorrow late morning. This year, we are sending 137 afghans and 7 hats. My mother makes things for kids in the hospital who are older, and she is sending 60 hats, 1 hat with a scarf attached and 4 scarves. While this is a smaller collection than we've sent before, I think we can be proud of what we have sent thus far. This will last the hospital for several months.

I want you all to know how greatful I am for each and every one of you. As I was packing up the car today, I could tell with some of the ghans who made what. I've gotten to know your styles - or yarn preferences etc. Each of you have selflessly given to these babies and I will never forget your kindness.

Thank you to all of you. I'll let you know when tehy have been delivered.

Shelley - sorry to have not answered your post. I collect the ghans all year long. Feel free to send what you have whenever you'd like. I try to deliver the week after Thanksgiving. This year delivery is later- but the hospital likes it early so that they can get it organized with who gets what on Christmas day.

I am also hoping you plan to do this charity for 2013! This weekend I was brainstorming over patterns/items etc for you...Please say you're doing it again!

Yarnscrapper

I'm doing it till I'm dead! The way I see it, I owe them an emotional debt for my son... and every day that he's alive, my debt is compounded. I'll never be able to pay it back... this is the only way I can try to. So, yes... I"m absolutely doing this next year!

• 4 weeks later...
Shelley - sorry to have not answered your post. I collect the ghans all year long. Feel free to send what you have whenever you'd like. I try to deliver the week after Thanksgiving. This year delivery is later- but the hospital likes it early so that they can get it organized with who gets what on Christmas day.

How did the delivery go? I haven't been around too much lately but wanted to check on the drive this year. I'm excited that you are doing it again in 2013. I already have one baby afghan made for the new year's drive.

Best wishes and happy New Years to you! :manyheart

The hospital was thrilled, as usual. They opened a few of the boxes/bags to ooh and ahh at everyone's work while I was there. The delivery was a bit emotional- as my folks usually go with me (mom contributes hats for older kids), but because of Dad's cancer had to stay home.

I've not picked up my hook in many months - as I"ve said before- however, I saw the Michael's ad today and the sale price on yarn, and I'm starting to feel motivated again. Especially with the new drive starting up.

Archived