2012 - Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivery Tomorrow!

badrhinogillett

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please provide your address as I have a blanket to send to you. I would love to do more but don't know if I'll have time. There's always next year too!!! Huh??? :)

and the year after that... adn the year after that!

but I'm sitting at work working on a Basket Weave and thought I would try to catch up.

I am always working the angles for you Kathryn. I was in a swap on Rav and the young lady I swapped with made a baby blanket for your charity. So incredibly sweet! :c9 I will try to remember to put her name on it.

I hope everyone is ready for summer. Not exactly prime time for crocheting blankets but what the heck. :hook

Not much chatter to catch up on but I did see some cute and cuddly blankets. Nice work ladies! :cheer

How very nice Shelley!

I haven't been here in a while and I apologize. I've got ghans to get pictures of up here in the thread.

They put a cast on my leg a week ago. I injured myself running 2 months ago and they just figured out that I've broken off a bone spur. I"m hobbling a bit.

Each year in honor of my son who is now 31 years old, I crochet things for the NICU he was in after he was born.. its always just my way of saying thanks

No matter how many years it's been - we remain NICU moms, don't we?

I'll be sending some afghans out for you. I'll contact you for your address when I'm ready to ship. If I ask for it now, I'll forget it by the time they go out. :lol

I'm a NICU mom who's son never made it out of the NICU. The afghan I received when he was in the hospital is still much loved eight years later. These not only comfort the babies, but the parents as well.

will you take "rag Blankets"? They fringed flannel square ones? I have a ton of flannel and would like to send some if they would work otherwise I am working on a few crochet ones also.

ABSOLUTELY! I'll take anything! The only thing I ask is that they be homemade. I don't care which craft you use. Anything made with love will bless the families and the babies and they, and I, will be forever greatful.

I just learned a new technique (corner to corner) & I was wondering if a couple of blankets using this technique? If so, I have one already started & I am willing to make a few more if they can be used for the cause.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a new crocheter, so I can't promise mine will be fancy or perfect but I will be making them.

As a nursing student who has dreamed of working in the NICU since I was 15 I am so happy to be able to be part of something like this.

I would love to join! I recently have gotten back into crocheting so this will be perfect to keep me going!

I was also a NICU baby 20 years ago. Though I was fortunate enough to be in the NICU for only 5 days, if it were not for the wonderful staff I would not be here today. This charity is very true to my heart!

Hopefully planning on having 10+!

-Kelly :cheer

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone - Just a quick note. I am VERY behind in updating totals and getting pictures up in the thread. Recently, my father was diagnosed with brain cancer and had surgery...and last week, I had foot surgery myself. I'm supposed to keep my leg elevated at least 20 hours a day.

When I'm able to stand on my own again, I'll get some pictures up.

Hi everyone - Just a quick note. I am VERY behind in updating totals and getting pictures up in the thread. Recently, my father was diagnosed with brain cancer and had surgery...and last week, I had foot surgery myself. I'm supposed to keep my leg elevated at least 20 hours a day.

When I'm able to stand on my own again, I'll get some pictures up.

I have been thinking and praying for your Father and your family. Hope things are going okay. Keep us posted. :hug:hug

• 3 weeks later...

i think what you are doing is amazing. My daughter lost her first baby in july 2011 at 14 weeks gestation and in july 2012 gave birth to a baby boy who was stillborn at 22 weeks gestation. They wrapped him in a beautiful afghan and hat that was made by an amzing person like yourself. I might start something like this for the hospital here. The world is blessed to have amazing people like you.

Kathryn, I've been praying for your dad too. And for you!! Can't wait to see the pics and totals! Take care of your foot.

Thank you Pam, we have been drawing strength from all the prayers that have been said for us. Dad is doing well - Chemo and Radiation are sapping him of his energy, but he's not throwing up - so that's good. He's trying to stay positive, but it's hard for him at times. Especially because it's in the news today about a newsman who passed away from a brain tumor after not too long.

i think what you are doing is amazing. My daughter lost her first baby in july 2011 at 14 weeks gestation and in july 2012 gave birth to a baby boy who was stillborn at 22 weeks gestation. They wrapped him in a beautiful afghan and hat that was made by an amzing person like yourself. I might start something like this for the hospital here. The world is blessed to have amazing people like you.

Bandmom - I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your 2 grandchildren. I'm glad that the hospital had those items to care for your grandson and give him the dignity and respect he deserves. I pray that your daughter and your family finds comfort in the care he received.

Kathryn

Good to hear that your Dad is doing well. I have 11 blankets to get in the mail to you, will probably get them out sometime next week.

Take care of yourself and your Dad.

Debbie

Archived