2012 - Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivery Tomorrow!

badrhinogillett

Look at these two lovely ghans. The one on the right is actually brighter colored than my camera shows.

Joy sent these a while back - and my camera battery died - and the picture didn't get up till now. I also, somehow neglected to tell Joy I got them. I'm horribly embarrassed and hope that all of you know how very much I appreciate everything you have done to help this effort along... even when my manners appear to fall by the wayside.:blush

These are lovely and thick and will be treasured by the families of the babies.

post-2886-135897742067_thumb.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kathryn, I will be sending a small package out this weekend. I am sending this afghan and a hat or two.

Wow what a gorgeous baby afghan. Looks like a lot of love and hard work went into that beauty. So pretty and some little baby is going to just love cuddly in that. :manyheart

• 1 month later...

Susan, like Cindy, has contributed every year of this drive. She's back again with 5 afghans . These are soft and wonderful. My camera didn't reflect the color well in these last 3 pictures, but these are all lovely.

post-2886-135897752315_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Kathryn,

Getting back into crocheting after having some other life projects taking up my time. And hubby wants my stash used up before I buy more yarn....needless to say I have ALOT of crocheting to do! I am finishing up a pretty big round ripple in blue, white and pink. Can you use it? I can send the diameter. Also, I know I have made 12" grannies in the past and sent to you, but can you give me some various size needs? I also have a pastel yellow, green and white ripple I made that I can donate.

Please also message me your address for mailing also.

Do you need them to be bagged? A charity by us requires washing and putting directly in zip locks because the hospitals won't take things unless they are cleaned and packaged.

Thank you!

Mary - I'm thrilled to take anything and everything you have! As far as size needs - EVERY size is needed. Literally. 400 babies, on average, go through the NICU in a given year. They range in age and size from micro preemie weighing ounces, to a 30 pounds 1 year old. To paraphrase "Field of Dreams" - "If you Crochet it, they will use it!"

I'll PM you with my address info.

Kathryn, I'm sorry I did not get the promised afghan into the mail but it is being washed today, along with a few little hats. It will be mailed by Monday. I'm sending a cupcake hat, along with the sweetheart ripple afghan. I think I might have a couple more little hats to send as well. Once they are washed, I'll have them ready to mail on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

MaryJo (TampaDoll) sent two afghans that arrived today. These "Bubble Squares" are so pretty. She used a yarn with a lovely sheen to it and they glisten. I also have to say - that her joins are so perfect that if MaryJo ever came over for tea (she lives in Florida and I'm in California - so it's not likely :lol), I'd make sure to put away anything I made with a seam in it. Truly, prefect work!

She also sent a stuffed sheep for me! look at how cute this is! It's got little nubby wool on it and a cute little black tail. It's adorable!

Note to my 7 year old daughter: Hands off my sheep!:lol

post-2886-135897757716_thumb.jpg

post-2886-13589775772_thumb.jpg

So glad you liked the afghans. Like I said I will try to make more. This is a great charity.

It is good to know that the lamb has found a fun home.:hook

MaryJo (TampaDoll) sent two afghans that arrived today. These "Bubble Squares" are so pretty. She used a yarn with a lovely sheen to it and they glisten. I also have to say - that her joins are so perfect that if MaryJo ever came over for tea (she lives in Florida and I'm in California - so it's not likely :lol), I'd make sure to put away anything I made with a seam in it. Truly, prefect work!

She also sent a stuffed sheep for me! look at how cute this is! It's got little nubby wool on it and a cute little black tail. It's adorable!

Note to my 7 year old daughter: Hands off my sheep!:lol

Those baby afghans are beautiful. I love the look of those squares. And that little sheep is so adorable. Some little baby is going to love that sheep for life.

Actually, Cindy, that sheep was a gift to ME from MaryJo! And, I can tell you that, yes, it's going to be very loved!

Oh what a wonderful gift for you. You do so much for all the babies each year and it's just like Mary Jo to remember you in a special way with that gift.

FINALLY made it to the post office today with a small box for you, Kathryn. It holds an afghan and several hats. I added one more hat to it this morning before I packed it up. It will fit a toddler, I think, so I hope someone will be able to use it. It's Christmas-themed, too, with a poinsettia on the side.

Archived