so frustrated with Caron

I just got some Red Heart Classic and it is horriable, the purple varigated is the worst as it's all frayed in the whole skien and thicker in spots and thiner in others. It doesn't show in a doll dress but I wouldn't want to use it for a garmet. It never use to tangle either but now it does alot too.

I'd like to offer my 2 cents here. Since knots are somewhat inevitable, an easy way to weave yarn ends is the following:

1. Leave yarn ends quite long. Crochet 4 or 5 stitches over both tails, drop one tail, crochet several stitches over the 2nd tail.

2. On the next row, pick up the 1st tail you encounter and crochet over it for several stitches, when you get to the next tail, do this again.

3. On subsequent rows, crochet over your tails as you come to them until they are completely incorporated in the fabric. You may find yourself doing this for 4 or 5 rows.

The result is interwoven yarn ends that zig-zag back and forth. I have NEVER had any ends come undone while working them in this way. The only drawback is that you must be aware that you are approaching a yarn end or else you will forget about it. This will not work with every type of stitch pattern. The more open the stitches are, the less chance that this will work out well.

If you MUST frog something, you do not have the problem of picking out interwoven yarn ends because they simply fall out as you unravel your work. :hook

Archived