Ilty

guiness56

I just bought some of this yarn and it is soooo soft and cushy. I am making a hooded scarf with it so it seems perfect for that. Is it good yarn to make afghans from?

If it is, I intend to go stock up on it. I am so used to using RHSS I can't get over how different they are.

I think I am in love.

ILTY is wonderful. Not sure if it will stay the same this year, but Hobby Lobby usually puts out a 40% coupon every other week. Before getting a smart phone, I'd print a coupon for every day of the week from their website. And if I drove by or was close, I'd stop and pick up another skein for whatever project I was working on.

They rarely put ILTY on sale, so couponing is the best way to save if this is your favorite yarn to use. I have to warn you though, it has skyrocketed in price over the past few years. Most colors are now 3.99 a skein.

I have always used RHSS because it is cheaper. It does hold up well and makes very nice afghans. Where I live it is $2.33 a skien but the colors are so limited. And it does tend to be a rougher, sometimes heavier yarn. I have never had issues with it pilling.

The ILTY is $3.99 and a 90 mile round trip to get. I guess I'll finish this and see how it stands up to washing, drying and pilling.

I also like Homespun but it cost a small fortune to make a decent size afghan out of.

When I started using ILTY it was $1.99 a skein. I hate the high prices on it now. I live super close so I use the 40% off coupons on it. I have made several afghans with it and have never had a problem with it. My afghans get washed freequently between the kids and the dog.

Sadly Hobby Lobby will not ship outside the US. From what you've said here, I wish I could try it. I get RHSS over international shipping at the moment but thats all I use from the States. :)

ILTY is my go-to yarn for just about everything and it works beautifully for afghans! I just made my son and his girlfriend a queen size afghan for their bed out of it and they love the feel of it. I am fortunate to live within 15 miles of a Hobby Lobby so it is easy to get when I need/want it. As for the price, I don't think it is that high in comparison with some of the newer yarns I have looked at but, that said, it did cost me about $175 to make that afghan!

Archived