Want to make a bookmark

MarlynS

Hello. It's been a long time since I've done any crochet, but I'm hoping that it's like riding a bicycle.

My problem ... I've never followed a pattern. The items that I used to make were all clothing patterns that I came up with.

Can anyone suggest a bookmark pattern?

Something simple please.

I have some #10 crochet cotton and hooks of various sizes.

Marie

There are several versions of the dress corner bookmark. It might get you started. There is a bookthong bookmark that is a chain with a loop on one end and a bead on the other. Very easy. I make bookmarks to donate to my local Friends of the Library. Check out ravelry. You can click on type of thread, photo or no, free or for sale. Great site!

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com

TONS of free patterns for you to use. I have found that if you understand the abbreviations, there is not a pattern you can't tackle. Learn to read the word instead of the abbreviation in your head, or out loud.

For example:

sc in ea ch across

Reads as:

Single crochet in each chain across.

Thanks. I've just been looking through the patterns. I will have to give it a whirl.

:-)

I do have a friend who makes beautiful Christmas snowflakes and other decorations and she said that she would help if I get stuck. So I have no excuses.

Archived