Sign in to follow this  
Skoggy

Biker Comfortghan for MIL and FIL

(Taken me a while to buck up the courage to post this...)

Its bad enough one on parent finds out that they have a cancer but when 2 find out... there isn't really any words.

Some of you may remember me saying, ages ago, that my MIL was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She had an op to remove the tumor and is now going through all the after treatment. A month after we found this out, a tumor was found behind one of FIL's eyes. No op scheduled yet so at the moment he is having kemo and many observations. They are both in their 60s.

Every year, they spend 6 months in Sweden in there forest house in a place called Kaggebo which is on an archipelago region, and the 6 winter months they live in Spain not far from Torreveija. When they are in Spain, they spend a lot of time riding their Harley Davidsons with other motorbike riders, doing charity "Santa" runs and other fund raising activities. This year, because of the ongoing cancer treatments, they were unable to join their friends in Spain for the charity work and they've had to stay in Sweden. They haven't been in Sweden for Christmas for atleast 10 years.

I would like to make them a comfortghan in Harley Davidson colours so Black, Orange and White. I'm looking for squares in these colours, any pattern with/out motifs, Acrylic and 12". If anyone would like to help me make this comfortghan for 2 people having to put on hold their charity work because of the big "C", please PM for my address. (Remember: I live in the UK.:) )

Many thanks in advance. :hug

Edited by Skoggy

Hi Emma ~

I'm sorry for all that your family is going through. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for their strength and healing.

Please send me your address. I would be honored to participate in your special projects. I will go out and get yarn this weekend.

God bless! :hug

Many thanks. I've PMd you. :hug

Please send me an address, I am more than willing to send you a few.....

Acrylic please DCM :)

Address PMd to latest two.

Many thanks.

Skoggy, I'm sorry your family is going through such illness. I can send you a couple of squares. Please PM your address.

PM sent. Thank you very much. :hug

Emma, I am so sorry for what your family is going thru. I can send you a couple of squares. Please PM your addy to me. :hug

PMd you Ann. Thanks :hug

Hello Emma ~ I mailed two squares to you today. I hope it doesn't take too long to get to you. They were sent via First Class International, with a customs form. I hope you like them. :)

Many thanks! I'll let you know when they arrive. :)

I just saw this post and would love to help out, especially since I already have the colors. I just finished a harley ghan of my own as a gift for someone. I don't know how many squares others have sent, but if you still need more, please PM me your address and I'll get on it. Do you want each square a solid color?

Many thanks for TCarra and cshort for the squares you have sent. Very kind of you. :hug

Hi Emma, I'm sorry that mine haven't gone out sooner, but I've been sick. I'm going to the post office tomorrow!

I'm sorry to hear this. I just found this thread. PM me your address and I will get some out as soon as I can. Nursing a cold right now so it will be just a bit though. :hug

@ Ann, no worries. You take care of yourself. :hug

@ Nira, PMd you.

Got a question... any specific pattern you would like? :hug

Nope. Just go with what you feel :):hug

I will be mailing you several squares next week. I had to do some searching to find the yarn, but now I have it in hand, will let you know when they go in the mail.

:hug René

I just about have a 2nd square done for you. So I'll probably get them in the mail on Monday. :)

Thank you to DogCatMom for the 2 squares you sent to me.

Thats 10 so far from you guys. Thanks so much!!! It is really appreciated. I'll take a snap of the ones already sent so you can see how things are progressing. :)

Emma, I just saw this thread for the first time. :hug So very sorry to hear of this. I will indeed be sending you squares ASAP.

Hi

I would like to make some squares for your MIL and FIL:hug

Please pm me your address:hook

Many thanks. I've PM'd you. :hug

And thanks Tiffany :):hug