1st lesson learne in beading . . .

IamJolyn

quality matters! my first beads i bought were czech, and I made them into a very nice bracelet, the next set of beads were nice glass beads form HL, and they also were great, had a few more size differences, but all in all even and pretty, then I got some glass beads from . . . . wallyworld, and yes they were cheap, and yes i was getting them to practice, but geez, they are pretty awful :yes oh well, live and learn!

• 7 months later...

You are so right! That's about all the beads at Walmart are good for, just practice. My experience with them was negative. The finish comes off very easily too. Czech seed beads are okay but not very uniform. And that's okay if you are looking for a rustic look. They have their purpose for sure. I do like the Czech crystals. They are less expensive than the Swarovski's. The best quality crystals are the Swarovski's and the Miyuki for seed beads and Tila's. You get what you pay for. :)

quality matters! my first beads i bought were czech, and I made them into a very nice bracelet, the next set of beads were nice glass beads form HL, and they also were great, had a few more size differences, but all in all even and pretty, then I got some glass beads from . . . . wallyworld, and yes they were cheap, and yes i was getting them to practice, but geez, they are pretty awful :yes oh well, live and learn!

Archived