Help w/afghans,hat ,scarves and gloves

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I had wanted to get the stuff out in the mail Saturday but was delayed. So I will be dropping it off on Sunday to be out in Mondays mail. So look for it. There are 4 scarves and 2 hats. Not sure if I can get out anymore as my own gift deadlines are approaching and still so much to do.

Thank you pineknott for the 3 wonderful scarfs. Received them today.. I finished up 2 more. A friend knitted six of them so now I need 33. We are getting there.:)

Addicted2patterns anything is a help and I totally understand we all have things we need to do in our own lives. Every scarf and hat is one closer to the totally. Yours are just as important if it was only one. So thank you for what you can do. I have tons to do for my family as well and haven't started yet. Mostly likely won't get started till after Thanksgiving.

Off to the doctors I go because my family decided to share there sickness with me. Two of my daughters have bronchitis. My throat is on fire and I can barely talk. I'm all stuffy and one ear hurts. I feel it in my chest to. So I've been miserable for 4 days now. So today is doctors day. Unfortunately I have no time for this but have to take the time to make me well or not much will get done. :( So back to sleep I go for an hour and then off I go.

Yes teamneu that will be fine. Wow you really been working bless your heart. I am working on a scarf right now to. Thank you for the help. I'll let you know when I receive the box.

Thanks you teamneu for the lovely scarves and hats.

I am down to only needing 9. Wow it is coming together quite nicely.

Need to call my sister and daughter and see if they made any. I am working on one now.

Thanks

got the nine hats covered for you

Piscescrocheter pm'ed you about hats awhile back,now that the Portsmouth homeless have been taken care of,the surplus is yours

additional pm being sent about other items.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone for all the help I received for helping me reach my goal for these children and women. I was lucky enough to help some homeless and send so e hats and scarves for the hurricane Sandy up east. So it was all wonderful.

Now I am preparing for 2013 and hopefully will go out with a huge bang. I believe we need to start earlier because we never know what will happen or who will need us. With everyone's help I was able to collect and make over hundred and fifty hats and scarves. That's amazing!! You all were all wonderful. This year I am looking to get close to 400 - 500 hats and scarves, mittens and afghans. I also quilt so will be adding to the pile with quilts.

This year would love to,add potholders, booties (slippers or socks)and washclothes. So if you can help that would outstanding. Jump on board anytime. I have made 3 scarves so far. And 1 crocheted blanket for a baby. That's a start. So please help if you can. Let me know when you need my address. Thanks everyone.!! I truly could not accomplish it with out you all. I'm sure you will find something you would love to make .if you have UFO quilts I am willing to finish them for you.

Huge hugs, Sandra

• 5 weeks later...

I have made already 4 hats a 4 wash-clothes . Daughter just finished up a scarve and oh i made 5 scarves working on a scarve right now. Not going as fast as I would like it but i plug a long and hopefully will speed up the process soon. Son is not feeling to well so this week end heading to PA.

Just checking in to see how you all are doing and how things are going.?

• 2 weeks later...

If you would pm me your address I'll send off a few afghans I have made up and some hats as well .. one of the afghans is from the circles I have collected over the years from fellow crocheters here so it would not only be from me. I hope to hear from you soon dear.. Thanks.

Kristy :c9

I am getting some yarn saved up and ready to start for this year to make sure I have enough plus a few extra. Never know who needs something to stay warm or if a tragic storm may hit. So lets all be prepared to help out early. That's my goal.

Well I try to help you again this year. I already have been making dishcloths for my crochet business but I will definitely get some extras made and possibly even pot holders/hot pads and other goodies.

That sounds totally awesome. Thanks so much for the help.

I'm willing to make squares for you.....just let me know what size you want them.  I will be using worsted weight yarn(#4), as I have tons of this yarn!!  Cris

I'm willing to make squares for you.....just let me know what size you want them.  I will be using worsted weight yarn(#4), as I have tons of this yarn!!  Cris

I sent you a pm. Thanks for joining in.

• 2 weeks later...

How is everything going? Here not to bad. Needed to stop and get a diaper bag made that I sold. Need to make a few things to get some yarn. Gotta keep my habit going.LOL

Archived