Help w/afghans,hat ,scarves and gloves

Admin Note: Some sort of technical glitch has happened to this thread and it no longer shows as belonging to the original poster. Please move over to this new thread here.

Help w/afghans,hat ,scarves and gloves
Hi all. A few of us women will be reaching out to homeless and foster children in our area during the cold months and at christmas time 2012. In the meantime we are taking donations of afghans and scarves,gloves and caps/hats. If anyone is interested in making and donating an item(no specific pattern, you choose) it would be wonderful.
So for these cold months now I am collecting for and through out the year as well. Please join in and lets help out these folks and children. It really is so much fun and rewarding.

If you do decide that you would like to help and have something to send, let me know so that I can give you mailing details.
Thank you.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is some stuff I have made to donate. I am so excited and having tons of fun. I do have some hat pictures as well but can't find them right now.

post-48736-135897724104_thumb.jpg

post-48736-135897724108_thumb.jpg

post-48736-135897724112_thumb.jpg

post-48736-135897724118_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone, I received a few hats and mittens in the mail today. I was so excited and they were very nice. Do you all have a favorite crochet pattern for the hats and mittens? If so do you mind sharing it? Thanks

I finished up a hat and 2 scarfs. Will try to get pictures to post soon. Anyone have any crochet favorite patterns for hats, scarfs, mittens and afghans they would like to share? Always opened up for new ideas.

Anyone else wanting to jump in and help out? We have many months to get this all put together. I am so excited to start this early and hopefully have enough when the time comes. Just send me a PM if you have any questions. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else wanting to jump in and help out? We have many months to get this all put together.

I can probably send you some hats or scarves later on. Will get back to you.

Are you working with a specific group? There are so many organizations that are collecting warm clothing, it might help if you'd tell us who your recipients are and if you are working with a recognized charity.

I am working with the foster care children and Hanna's place for abused women. Then the Union Mission for the homeless (mainly men) here in my town. Plus for family's as at the Union Mission. Hope this helps you all . Thanks for all the help.

• 4 weeks later...

I may have a few items that I can donate later as well. They are already done but don't have any money for shipping those just now. I will pm you when I can afford it. I think I have a woman's hat and scarf and a few newborn hats.

That would be wonderful Nira. Just send me a message as soon as you are ready to ship for address. Thanks and great big hugs go to all.

How's it going? Haven't been able to make any scarves or hats lately. Working on a baby blanket for my niece who is having a baby in July. We are all so excited. So trying to get it done for the baby shower next month.

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is April and a lot has happened. I haven't accomplished a lot other than 4 baby hats. Trying to do all sizes. I did finish up on a baby blanket too. I'll try to upload pictures. So hows it going? Hopefully as the months go by we get a few more people helping out. Thanks to all who already have sent me hats, scarves and some mittens. Thank you. I will check in again soon. Being a taxi car driver it for the birds. Daughter wrecked her car so it's put a huge strain on us. It will get better and thank goodness she is ok. Talk to you soon.

Archived