2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

I finished remaking the one motif. I had three more to make on the 3rd afghan and they are complete now. I have begun piecing one together. I can't wait to see these completed and wrapped for birthday's.

Have a great night!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished remaking the one motif. I had three more to make on the 3rd afghan and they are complete now. I have begun piecing one together. I can't wait to see these completed and wrapped for birthday's.

Have a great night!!

Good job!! I started sewing mine together last night!

ARGH!!! Somehow last night I sewed a piece going up instead of down!! I noticed tonight and sewed it in Too Well. I couldn't find where I sewed it!! So I had to CUT OFF an octagon! That hurt! So now I have to make a new one And have a funky edge...at least the edge will be covered when I do the edging. *sigh*

ARGH!!! Somehow last night I sewed a piece going up instead of down!! I noticed tonight and sewed it in Too Well. I couldn't find where I sewed it!! So I had to CUT OFF an octagon! That hurt! So now I have to make a new one And have a funky edge...at least the edge will be covered when I do the edging. *sigh*

:(

:hug

:(

:hug

I was REALLY pissed at myself, LOL. I put it away for a couple days because I was mad at it, too! :lol But I brought it back out and now have between 1/4 and 1/3 done (sewing). I'm LOVING it. If I'd known it would be flowers, I would have bought One different color (I have a green...which is a flower...and I'd rather have had it be a...flower color like the other two, lol) BUT even though once I really got into it I knew it, I kept everything in the spirit of the "Mystery". I still love it! My (almost) 1 year old keeps trying to steal it off my lap whenever I'm working on it!!!

I was REALLY pissed at myself, LOL. I put it away for a couple days because I was mad at it, too! :lol But I brought it back out and now have between 1/4 and 1/3 done (sewing). I'm LOVING it. If I'd known it would be flowers, I would have bought One different color (I have a green...which is a flower...and I'd rather have had it be a...flower color like the other two, lol) BUT even though once I really got into it I knew it, I kept everything in the spirit of the "Mystery". I still love it! My (almost) 1 year old keeps trying to steal it off my lap whenever I'm working on it!!!

:lol how cute! If you've got that much put together... it shouldn't be too much longer before we see the finished product!! :clap

:lol how cute! If you've got that much put together... it shouldn't be too much longer before we see the finished product!! :clap

:D Shouldn't be tooo much longer, I hope!! I think I'm closer to halfway done sewing it together now!

You can do it!  It's pretty quick...once you actually can get into it!  LOL

I'm on the border.  I did the sc border as in the pattern and am doing a hdc around of each of 3 of the colors.  I should have done the first one in hdc too but wasn't really thinking.  And I'm not sure I'm doing the corners correctly but that's okay, I am Loving it!  I'm almost done with the 2nd color so just one more round after this one!!!!

Well, I've had a set back.  I have had a major sinus infection and just haven't felt like working on anything.  I only like having a couple more blocks to sew on and then the border.  I hope to feel like working some later today.  I really need to get my butt in gear cause I need this gift SOON!!!  LOL

I can't wait to see everyone's afghans.

Hope you knock that sinus infection out and get to feeling better SOON, Lynn!!  :hug

Thanks Mel,  I'm finally breaking down and going to the doctor.  Its just to much to handle now.  I thought I could knock it out on my own, but of course not.  :(

I only have about 4 more motifs to sew together, thought I could get it done over this past weekend.  But after sewing the blocks to the wrong blocks and taking my sweet time to take those stitches out.  I put it away for the moment at least until I get rid of this headache.

Thanks Mel,  I'm finally breaking down and going to the doctor.  Its just to much to handle now.  I thought I could knock it out on my own, but of course not.  :(

I only have about 4 more motifs to sew together, thought I could get it done over this past weekend.  But after sewing the blocks to the wrong blocks and taking my sweet time to take those stitches out.  I put it away for the moment at least until I get rid of this headache.

Oh, Lynn - how awful!  I hope the doctor can prescribe something that will knock that infection for a loop!  Sending you healing prayers, and I completely understand about just putting the afghan away for the time being!  Hope you can pull it back out soon and finish it up!  I can't wait to see it... :D  :hug

And...it's finished!!!!!  Just need to take some pictures!!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!!   :jumpyay

...  ...  ...  ...  :photo  ...  ...  ...  ...  :? ...  ...  ...  ...  :scrachin  ...  ...  ...  ...  wondering where those pictures might be... :lol

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I know it has taken me awhile to get the second afghan done.  Well I completed it this morning and just in time for my friend's birthday.  I sure hope she falls in love with it.

I don't know how to add photo's here.  :no   So I'll add them to the Afghans section.  I did figure out how to add pictures there.

WOOHOOOOO!!!  I just figured it out.  LOL 

post-17808-0-18405400-1362250863_thumb.jpgpost-17808-0-97091700-1362250958_thumb.jpgpost-17808-0-88008100-1362250902_thumb.jpgpost-17808-0-01666100-1362250809_thumb.jpg

I know it sure took me long enough.  I hope the third don't take as long to sew together.  I'm going to get started on it later today.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooo! Very pretty!! Well I just finished blocking all my blocks this weekend and then it took me a while to arrange them the way I wanted them. But I have started sewing them together!! I saw some amazing ideas for assembly on Ravelry but I wasn't at my office on Sunday. I was so desperate for the ideas that I walked 2 blocks in a BLIZZARD to get the ideas off of Ravelry. How's that for dedication!!

Started sewing them together, can't wait to get back to it tonite! My deadline is next Tuesday! Duhn Duhn Duuuhn!!! :)

WOOHOOOOO!!!  I just figured it out.  LOL 

attachicon.gifBirthdayafghan2.jpgattachicon.gifBirthdayafghan3.jpgattachicon.gifBirthdayafghan4.jpgattachicon.gifBirthdayafghan.jpg

I know it sure took me long enough.  I hope the third don't take as long to sew together.  I'm going to get started on it later today.

Beautiful job, Lynn... so, tell us... how did she like it???  :lol

Beautiful job, Lynn... so, tell us... how did she like it???  :lol

Thanks Melani!!

She is in :manyheart Love :manyheart  with it!!  She really is.  I'm so thrilled that she likes it.  My husband loved it as well, his favorite color is blue too.  She just loves the color blue, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

I'm done!! I finished it Monday night but then realized I still had some pesky ends to sew in so last night I finished it for real! Now I'll just run it through the washer and give it away!

My Catholic school I work at has an annual fundraiser auction and I've never done anything for it (I teach music, what can I contribute??) so this year I thought I'd whip up an afghan! I'll try to post pics soon!!

• 2 months later...

I'm finally joining in the fun!  Another member here and I are doing our own CAL to motivate one another and finish this.  So here are the first two clues.  Not shown are all the 2nd clue's motifs.  There are four green with pink centers and two in reverse colors.  

post-44469-0-48849200-1370772443_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-71556600-1370772448_thumb.jpg

Archived