2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

Do you know how much this cracked me up? Especially yarn geek..really?? stash you can go through first?? The queen of the 2011 stashbusting cal? Like I can say anything... :lol I was 2nd :hook:cheer:cheer:cheer

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Depending on the brand/size of the skeins used, we're only talking thirteen skeins max. It'll hardly make a dent! :devil

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's really interesting! I didn't even look at the knit totals even though I'm considering knitting the afghan. Usually knitting uses less yarn...plus the knitted afghan is slightly smaller.

I'm probably going to stick to crocheting this one. I'm so slow at knitting, I doubt I'll ever get it done.

I'm going to check out my Stash- I have lots of Vanna's Choice so will probably use that. I did promise myself to use stash this year!!!

(unless like Judy, I need to find a divorce lawyer- LOL)

I might join in. I've not done one before, but I've read quite a bit about them. I might get a late start though, as that's going to be the week we're moving. No idea what yarn I'll use.

I might join in. I've not done one before, but I've read quite a bit about them. I might get a late start though, as that's going to be the week we're moving. No idea what yarn I'll use.

I am thinking about it as well. I've never done anything like this before. Sounds like fun.

Oh, it is fun!! C'mom you know you want to join in!!! They have a new clue each week and you can go at your own pace---sometimes real life does get in the way! :lol

Now to decide on what yarn in my stash I'm going to use----or if the temptation of new yarn is going to win out!:hook

Good morning everyone :hi

I think my sister might join me with this....and she's new to crochet, so it might be a bumpy road. I told her they only give you one clue per week and let her know that you usually make more than one square of it per clue. BUT, I failed to mention the week we had 16! :eek She'd say no for sure :devil:lol

FYI: Anyone wanting to use the waverly yarn....it is currently onsale online at joann's (not sure for how long) for 2.79 per skein :D I'm going to check my stash tonight or tomorrow and go from there :think

Tempting, tempting, tempting!

I've been staring at the various Mystery CAL and Waverly pages off and on for hours the last couple of days! Like I need another project, but the waverly yarn is soooo pretty. Not sure which color family I like most.

Oh, what to do, what to do????

I bought some yarn today for it. I didn't buy Waverly though. I couldn't find it locally and I really wanted to see the colors irl. I ended up buying RHSS...the other brands just didn't have any colors that I was happy with. So RHSS again. Someday I'm going to make something with a nicer yarn...I just know it, lol.

I bought some yarn today for it. I didn't buy Waverly though. I couldn't find it locally and I really wanted to see the colors irl. I ended up buying RHSS...the other brands just didn't have any colors that I was happy with. So RHSS again. Someday I'm going to make something with a nicer yarn...I just know it, lol.

What colors did you buy? Curious to see what colors everyone is chosing.

Well, I sort of cheated, lol. I took a skein of pink cammo (which I love the colors of) and found shades using that as my guide. I chose soft white, frost green, petal pink, lt raspberry, and cafe. The colors together remind me of the shades in the pink cammo skein.

Well, I sort of cheated, lol. I took a skein of pink cammo (which I love the colors of) and found shades using that as my guide. I chose soft white, frost green, petal pink, lt raspberry, and cafe. The colors together remind me of the shades in the pink cammo skein.

Those colors sound great together!!!

Hoping to look through stash later this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Going into work for a few hours this morning and then this afternoon, I'm going to babysit for my GS:manyheart

I was just browsing around on the Bernat forum and it was mentioned that the crochet ghan would look good in one color or in tonal colors.

I may just do one color--I do think I may have 13 skeins of one color--will have to check later!

I was just browsing around on the Bernat forum and it was mentioned that the crochet ghan would look good in one color or in tonal colors.

I may just do one color--I do think I may have 13 skeins of one color--will have to check later!

That's a good idea. I wish that I would have seen that, I hope the colors I picked work okay now, lol. If they don't my oldest daughter is drooling over the colors, so she'll like it either way, lol.

I'm using stash, and it is too soon for me to pick since this doesn't start till February, I must work on my other projects till this gets closer :P I'll probably do the same as Dee, and chose a verigated and then pick colors to go with that. That is what I did last year with the Bernat CAL, I used Sage Mary, then used Sage, Light Sage, Dark Sage, Two Purples that matched (can't remember the names) and some tans that also matched, I think something like linen, but not sure. When the time gets closer, I'll have to see what I have enough of :D

René

Hmmm...how"novel" - a ghan using just one color:lol

DH would appreciate that, for sure...but even if I use different colors and then don't like it I can give it to my youngest GS dog to use.

...once she stops eating every blanket or old towel I put down for her.:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

So is the soft white going to be your main color? That's actually a very good idea...taking a varigated or camo yarn to pick the colorway. I'm not very good with picking out colors that look good together. I think I shared on here before how the last afghan that I had to pick different colors for my hubby actually picked them and they look fantastic together! I would probably have never picked the colors he did!

I don't think I would do it in a solid color....I would get too bored. And seriously, Joanne, you actually have 13 skeins of one color in your stash? :eek That's not a stash...that's a COLLECTION! :rofl

Well, I checked my stash and I think I have enough in some bright RHSS colors to do up the ghan, not sure how it will look....fun, if nothing else :lol

I know you can, I know you can, I know you can :cheer:lol

Those colors sound great together!!!

Hoping to look through stash later this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Going into work for a few hours this morning and then this afternoon, I'm going to babysit for my GS:manyheart

I hope work is easy peasy for you this morning, but if not you'll have Ryan waiting for you to look forward to :hug

So is the soft white going to be your main color? That's actually a very good idea...taking a varigated or camo yarn to pick the colorway. I'm not very good with picking out colors that look good together. I think I shared on here before how the last afghan that I had to pick different colors for my hubby actually picked them and they look fantastic together! I would probably have never picked the colors he did!

I don't think I would do it in a solid color....I would get too bored. And seriously, Joanne, you actually have 13 skeins of one color in your stash? :eek That's not a stash...that's a COLLECTION! :rofl

:rofl I have 13 of one as well, but ordered with a specific project in mind that I started 2 years ago and keep pushing aside :blush But, I will not use the yarn because the project WILL get done :xfin

Ordered my yarn today from JoAnn - on sale through today! I ordered Sundrift, Incense, Turtle Green, Cadet and Antique for myself. I ordered Mauve, Princess, Flower, White and Antique for my granmother (who doesn't know...lol). I also ordered the yarn for my neighbor. Can't wait till it gets here.

Archived