Men’s Bike Chain Hat

Nira

I just finished this today for a friend in another state. After having made his wife numerous hats he decided he would like one :) And of course I'm happy to oblige! I haven't made the matching scarf yet and that will have to wait until I get a few more hats done for some family I'm going to see soon. I am also making his wife the divine hat after that. Hopefully I can find a scarf to match that one :) This pattern seemed a little tricky to me at first but I tried it again and no problem. Must have been having a 'moment' as I like to say :lol I used RHSS Grey Heather and a K hook as he has a larger noggin.

Here's the pattern.

post-48941-135897723592_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I made the scarf and posted it here. I made it longer and wished that I would have went even longer. Also next time I will go narrower. I like your hat and will have to make it sometime also.

• 3 weeks later...
I made the scarf and posted it here. I made it longer and wished that I would have went even longer. Also next time I will go narrower. I like your hat and will have to make it sometime also.

I agree. I wish I had made the scarf longer than the pattern had called for.

• 2 weeks later...

You can make a neck warmer with the divine pattern. I did some with leftover yarn. It didn't end up being very wide so would probably be a better ear warmer :D . I put a flower on it.

Just make sure your starting ch is divisible by 4. I did the first row straight dc and then went into the pattern. Can make it as wide as you think will work well.

Archived