saint6811

I developed this pattern based on a customer's requests....she wanted a cozy that was longways with a flap to close with a button. I wasnt able to find any other patterns like that for free online, so I wrote my own.

I hope you enjoy it!

Joy

Flaptop Kindle Cozy--Envelope style/longways

8" wide x 5" tall

H hook

ww yarn of choice--approx 100 yds

1" diameter button

GAUGE: 4 sc and 4 rows=1 inch

Ch 31

ch1 and turn after each row

numbers in ( ) at end of each row instruction is the total number of stitches in that row

Row 1: (RS) sc in 2nd from hook and each across (30)

Row 2: sc in each across (30)

Repeat Row 2 until 10" in height

Starting flap for front of cozy:

Row 3: Decrease sc2tog on each end and two times evenly (4 dec total) (26)

Row 4: sc in each across (26)

Row 5: Decrease sc2tog on each end and two times evenly (4 dec total) (22)

Row 6: sc in each across (22)

Row 7: Decrease sc2tog on each end and two times evenly (4 dec total) (18)

Row 8: Decrease sc2tog on each end and two times evenly (4 dec total) (14)

Row 9: sc in each across (14)

Row 10: sc in first 6 st, ch2, sk 2, sc in last 6 st. (this makes the button hole)

Row 11: sc in first 6 st, 2 sc in ch2 sp, sc in last 6 st (14)

Fasten off.

With right side face down, fold bottom edge up to last row of 30 sc (last row of Row 2 repeat before decrease rows begin)

Starting in bottom right corner of cozy, sc edges together. Stop when you reach the flap and fasten off.

Starting in top left corner of cozy (not the flap), sc edge together to bottom left corner. Fasten off

Turn cozy over so back is facing you and flap is extended upward. Starting on Row 3 (first dec row), sc up in left side of flap stitches edge, across the flat part of flap, and down in right side of flap stitches edges, ending when you reach the cozy seam created earlier. Fasten off.

Fold flap over to front and attach button in place for button hole alignment.

© Joy Merrill, 2012

You may use this pattern to make items to sell, but may not copy the pattern for distribution in print or electronically. If you post items made from this pattern on a website or blog, please give credit for the pattern by posting the link to this post at Crochetville.

post-47742-135897722812_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived