FrLopLady

In memory of a lost angel shawl

My sister called me earlier last week and asked if I had an extra prayer shawl I could send her. The only one I had was way to big. Her pastor's wife had just mis-carried. So I told her I would see what I could do. I tried to make this yarn into a different shawl and it just didn't want to be that..so frogging it numerous times I finally went to the shawl I had thought of in the first place.. Morning Has Broken. 2nd time I've made this shawl. It is simple and easy (even when you don't pay attention to the directions and do it wrong!)

post-35596-135897722796_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897722799_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897722808_thumb.jpg

It's lovely.

Very pretty and I am sure she will love it.:hug

It's beautiful! I am so sorry for the loss, and so glad she has a friend thinking of her in her time of sorrow. God bless you. :hug

Not only is it a beautiful shawl but its a lovely thing to give at a sad time of need, I.m sorry for their loss and also glad they have such thoughtful and caring friends :hug

Such a sad thing to have happened! :hug

Your shawl is a beautiful, comforting gift. She's sure to love it!

lovely shawl. Sorry to hear about the pastors wife. Very thoughtful of you and your sister.

What a beautiful shawl! Can you tell us where the pattern is from and what yarn you used? The colors are just gorgeous! I'm sure she will find great comfort in it.

A beautiful shawl.

What a beautiful shawl! Can you tell us where the pattern is from and what yarn you used? The colors are just gorgeous! I'm sure she will find great comfort in it.

The pattern is "Morning Has Broken" http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/morning-has-broken

Yarn is my favorite, James C Brett Marble Chunky, and I used colorway MC8 & MC6. The skeins I have don't have names, though I think some do now. http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/james-c-brett-marble-chunky

Extra soft yarn.

Paradise Fibers in Spokane, WA is mostly a natural fiber shop, but they DO carry the James C Brett Marble (also in a ww) " This is one of the few non-animal yarns we carry, we chose it because of it's unusual softness and character. " I really like this yarn both in feel and working with it

You did a great job. Sorry to hear of her loss and will be saying a prayer for her. I find crochet to be a little forgiving of the occassional mistake (well 9 times out of 10).

Beautiful shawl! I love the colors.

Such a lovely, thoughtful gift in their time of sorrow. It is beautiful.

That's gorgeous! I am sorry to hear about the mis-carriage that's just awful. But I do think that the shawl came out perfectly.

Its beautiful :hug