Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Snagged a pic of my Military Ripple I made for a friends son who just home from his deployment. I'm going to be giving it to him on the 29th at his big welcome home party the town is giving him.

[ATTACH]58801[/ATTACH]

There are a few more of these I want to make!

:heart

:mug

That ripple is just beautiful... I love the color combinations! I'm sure he is going to love it! Go USA!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:sun............ Good Afternoon

Thanks for the compliment Sherry! :hug

Well......... I've been busy jumping from one project to another trying to get them all done.

I put a few more rows on my blue/brown ripple.... made and am still making some beanies for football season... and started a scrap ripple to help get rid of all my tiny balls of yarn while i work on other things. :hook

srap sweetheart ripple

[ATTACH]58869[/ATTACH]

That is such a neat pattern for a scrap-ghan...it's going to look really good.

:sun :autumn.......... Good Morning!!!

:whew... busy week of running hubby around ... doc appointments and client needs. I cant wait till he's aloud to drive again.

I have tried to stay busy with my crocheting.

Got some more rows on my ScrapSweetheart Ripple.

Made a few more Husker beanies.

And a few more rows on my blue/brown ripple.

I get to give my Military Ripple to my friends son (the soldier who is home now from deployment) on Saturday! :clap

I need to get yarn for making some school color ripple'ghans for raffling off at some basketball games to help raise money for the Jr/Sr Prom!

And somewhere in there... I need to get some Christmas gifts done! :faint.... LOL

How is everyone else doing? How's your afghans coming along... any done? any new ones started?

Anyway... have a great day everyone... and a wondeful weekend!!!

here is a current pic of my ScrapSweetheart Ripple....

post-18634-135897780054_thumb.jpg

I started the little triangle pieces that go around the outside of my spanish tiles afghan...it's been slow going though - they are the very definition of tedious.

Oh, and I recently discovered pinterest...(link in signature) it's a strangely addicting site.

Tam, your sweetheart scrap ripple is really pretty.

Heather, I know what you mean about Pinterest. I can waste hours on that site!

Great sweetheart ripple Tam!!

I'm trying to avoid pinterest. There are not enough hours in the day between work, here, Rav and FB! That is if I want to crochet at all!!! LOL

Thanks ladies!!! :hug

Good morning! Everyone have a nice weekend? Hopefully you made more progress on your afghans than I did on mine...I'm still working on the tiny little triangular pieces that go along the edge...four colors for each triangle, 24 triangles...

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

How was everyones weekend?

mine was busy as always..lol.... football game... baseball game.. baseball meeting...church...welcome home party for my friends Navy son....laundry...and and and :whew

I did manage to get some good crochet time in. Worked a few rows here and there on both the ripples I have going... and made a couple more Husker beanies.

off to tend to more laundry and get more coffee...

have a great day all!

bbiab!

Hi everyone! I taught myself to crochet last month and I've caught the bug :) Nearly finished a ripple stripe for my new niece/nephew and just started on a snowflake afghan (the art of tangle one) for my sister's Christmas. I just had a quick question, does anyone have any advice on how I could do half hexagons to make the edges straight? Any help much appreciated! I'll hopefully be back to post some progress pictures

Hi everyone! I taught myself to crochet last month and I've caught the bug :) Nearly finished a ripple stripe for my new niece/nephew and just started on a snowflake afghan (the art of tangle one) for my sister's Christmas. I just had a quick question, does anyone have any advice on how I could do half hexagons to make the edges straight? Any help much appreciated! I'll hopefully be back to post some progress pictures

Hope this helps...

http://nicoleandthebee.blogspot.com/2012/08/tuesdays-tallies-six.html

I made the art of tangle snowflake afghan a few years ago, and never did figure out how to straighten the edges. I would've liked it better that way too.

I'm sewing all the little triangle pieces on my afghan today. Once I get them sewn on, I can crochet the border (which is only one row) and I will be finished...can't wait to be done with this one - it's not fun anymore.

I'm finally finished!!! I will post a pic as soon as I take it...what a relief to complete this afghan! It was a lot more work than what I anticipated, but I think it's worth it...I'm really happy with how it turned out.

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

How's everyone doing? I know you all know I've been busy...LOL

Since the boys only go to school 4 days a week... my weekends are great... but short week to get errands done... :)

Tuesday had to run hubby around to get a bunch of HIS errands done. Yesterday ran a couple of my own.

I think I'm going to try and get a manicure today! :D

Gotta run hubby up to the church later tonight ... he's doing a practice run of his speech for Sunday.

Need to finish making the pink football beanies for my boys to wear to tomorrow's football game. They have a home game in October to support Breast Cancer... the admission to the game that night and concessions all go to support Cancer awareness. EVERYONE will show up all dressed in pink. They call it the PINK OUT Game. Our football players will even be wearing pink socks.

I did manage to get a few rows on my blue/brown ripple yesterday... and one pink beanie made.... giving me 3 done.... but I want to use up the yarn and make as many as I can just to have a few extra.

Well... the school hasnt called yet needing me to sub today.... so I might just get to go out and get that manicure... shhhhhhh ;)

Okay... need a coffee refill :mug!!!!!!!!

catch up more later!

I'm finally finished!!! I will post a pic as soon as I take it...what a relief to complete this afghan! It was a lot more work than what I anticipated, but I think it's worth it...I'm really happy with how it turned out.

:yay Cant wait to see it!!!!

Archived