Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a pic of my granny stripe in progress

I love all those colors!!! Gorgeous! I want to make one of those someday.

Joann - I did a granny stripe with a lot of colors too, though I don't remember how many, fewer than you are using - it was fun. I made it not quite random, not a definite pattern, but the rule was that adjoining colors had to look good, at least to me. I stuck the photo here - I finished it in May 2011.

Christi - that's really neat (um, "neat" shows my age, doesn't it?)

This the new pattern I like so much - two WIPs. In the blue/purple one, I didn't like V's in the variegated yarn, so I just did 3 rows of dc. It's Caron Paints Oceana, or something like that. It really should have been a little brighter to go with the solid colors, but I had two random skeins of it and really nothing else to use it with. I'm trying to use up some of the odd things in the stash.

I would never have thought of using a singe row of V stitch. The border is in that color, so there will be a more solid area adjoining for weaving in the tails.

Those are beautiful! I really like that pattern :)

:eek Joanne, that is a lot of colors! Must be awesome!

This is my afghan so far

Very pretty!!! :manyheart

This is my most recent finished afghan. Very easy pattern but I used too many colors, making for a LOT of color changes. Next time I will stick to one color and one contrast color.

That is beautiful! The color changes might not have been fun, but it turned out gorgeous. ;)

Here are two that I just finished. The first is SmoothFox's spiral granny. I used Homespun for it. Very nice pattern, stripes with not many ends :) The second is from a Mary Englebreit crochet afghan book. Both are Christmas gifts.

post-22492-135897769921_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897769924_thumb.jpg

Beautiful afghans!! The cat is adorable as well.

Joanne - love your granny stripe afghan!

It's been awhile since I've been here. I still have my own RR to finish but now I have 3 baby afghans to make (two are replacements blankies and the other is for a new baby that will be here probably before I get it made). Hopefully you'll get me motivated to get these afghans done!!

Dee, that is too adorable with the kitty!

Hi Sherry, what patterns are you using for the baby afghans?

I have one more row and I get to add another color, for the footbal art of my afghan.

Have a pleasent day!

Dee, that is soo cute with the kitty!

Sherry, hi....what colors/patterns are you using for the baby blankets?

I have one more row and get to start another color, for the fotball part.

Have a :rainbow day

I finished up the blue and purple lapghan. I'm working on one in strips now with RHSS Seagrass as the center in a shell pattern. Rounds in cafe, honeydew, country blue. I'll lay it aside though when the Olympics begin. I'll have my plate full with those.

Dee, that is too adorable with the kitty!

Hi Sherry, what patterns are you using for the baby afghans?

I have one more row and I get to add another color, for the footbal art of my afghan.

Have a pleasent day!

He thought that it was his blanket the whole time I was working on it. I think he really likes yellow :lol

Dee, that is soo cute with the kitty!

Sherry, hi....what colors/patterns are you using for the baby blankets?

I have one more row and get to start another color, for the fotball part.

Have a :rainbow day

One will be in OU (Oklahoma University) colors - crimson and cream. Will do a double strand RR. Mom-to-be and dad-to-be are big OU fans. Another one will be double strand in royal blue, and the last one will either be red or blue and will be done in double strand (that one is for youngest GS whose blankie had to be thrown away and he gets to pick the color).

I am making a ripple afghan in white and purple red heart. The red heart is a lot softer than it used to be, but my tension finger is getting sore still. Might have to bandaid that when working on this. I am working on it as I can, I have a knit diagonal afghan I am finishing now for a young boy with cancer, then a knit prayer shawl for the grandma who I work with. That has to be done first. But I put a row and a half at my meeting today. Going four rows of white then purple, considering doing two rows of purple these two rounds, then alternating. I see them often done in three colors, not so much two, so I thought this would break up the pattern a little. What do you think?

Christi have fun with your graphghan I just cant do those, they drive me crazy. I have three patterns somewhere.

Fell behind on posting pics. Sorry about that. Here are the last couple afghans I finished...

post-21933-135897770592_thumb.jpg

The first is a baby blanket I made for a friend. The second is the Marcella afghan kit available from Mary Maxim. My daughter wanted Wild Raspberry!

post-21933-135897770584_thumb.jpg

Beautiful afghans!!!

I got my yarn today, so I'll be busy doing a RR and the other type I do (it's a very basic shell stitch but I use a double strand, makes it really soft). I'll post some pics when I get them done.

Fell behind on posting pics. Sorry about that. Here are the last couple afghans I finished...

[ATTACH]57362[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]57363[/ATTACH]

The first is a baby blanket I made for a friend. The second is the Marcella afghan kit available from Mary Maxim. My daughter wanted Wild Raspberry!

HOLY MOLY !!! The raspberry afghan is gorgeous !!!!!!

Gorgeous!!! The wild raspberry one is amazing! :manyheart

The rasberry one IS beautiful! The other one makes me think of candy sprinkle, cotton candy, and fireworks...happy childhood memories wrapped in an afghan. Clowns, confetti,circus :)

Honey Dew you have so many patterns going, I don't know how you do it! I want the graph ghan patterns! They frustrate me too but I love the end result! Miss U...hope you stay on here

Those are beautiful! I really like the Marcella afghan. I've wanted to try it for some time now. What skill level is needed for it?

Thanks!

Renee

A couple of progress pictures from me. (actually, its not much progress, but its a start!)

The log cabin afghan is from the Red heart site. Its hard to see from the picture, but there are a number of different textured stitches in each square, so it's not quite as boring as it could be. I'm making it from stash yarn.

The flower is the beginning of a scrap baby grandmothers garden. The pattern is from a Leisure Arts book called "Always Afghans".

post-6189-135897771114_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897771118_thumb.jpg

A couple of progress pictures from me. (actually, its not much progress, but its a start!)

The log cabin afghan is from the Red heart site. Its hard to see from the picture, but there are a number of different textured stitches in each square, so it's not quite as boring as it could be. I'm making it from stash yarn.

The flower is the beginning of a scrap baby grandmothers garden. The pattern is from a Leisure Arts book called "Always Afghans".

Both look like they will be beautiful!

Both are pretty. The Marcelle is gorgeous!! !:manyheart I love that pattern.

Here is one I've been working on lately. I started it with 8 points and increased it to 16 points. Has anyone ever done one with 32 points? I was considering adding points again when it gets bigger. I'm kind of sad that the yarn started pooling, it was striping so nicely and is supposed to be a striping yarn. I hope it starts to stripe again soon.

post-22492-135897771164_thumb.jpg

Archived