Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Well, I finished up my sunflower ghan last night. This will be a bridal shower gift. And now I'm ready for the mystery cal to start :D

Oh I :heart it!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished my rainbow baby blanket!! I took a picture but I don't know how to post it on my iPad...it's not working...hopefully soon! Lol I'm so happy to have it done because the mystery CAL starts tomorrow! I am so excited! I have a bunch of other projects I'm working on and have started so I have to get working on those too! Lots to do!

I finished my rainbow baby blanket!! I took a picture but I don't know how to post it on my iPad...it's not working...hopefully soon! Lol I'm so happy to have it done because the mystery CAL starts tomorrow! I am so excited! I have a bunch of other projects I'm working on and have started so I have to get working on those too! Lots to do!

Oh, I hope you can figure out how to post a pic! So happy for you that you finished:clap

Can't wait to come home from "Paradise" to get the first clue. I liked it better with the last CAL that Bernat did- they posted the clues nice and early in the morning!!!!

Oh my...I have 3 afghans in progress. Got bored with squares and started a Popcorn Ripple without finishing a stash buster granny square or a scrap-ghan. Maybe this will motivate me!!!!

Welcome to the group :) It's helping to motivate me. I am actually almost finished with an afghan that I started last year for one of my dd's but put aside to work on Christmas stuff. 5 more rows and a border to go ;)

I can't wait to see a pic :)

I finished the first filet heart wedding afghan. It's smaller than I thought, but not a problem since I intended to make a matching 'ghan for the groom's 6 year old daughter. So, hers is finished and I'll be starting the larger version this weekend. I want to start the first clue for the Bernat CAL first, lol.

Thank you so much everyone :hug

You can't post from the ipad unless you're posting it from a URL, it won't allow it from the 'computer' :( I had the same issue.

I don't know if this will work but I posted it on my fb wall. It's way brighter then it looks but it was 10 at night! Lol

Sure did, it's gorgeous and I love the colors :manyheart

I tried working on the Granny afghan again and I just can not work with that old acrylic yarn. It hurts my hands. I also separated the squares that need to redone due to (1)a knot and then cut right next to the knot. No way to weave in the end. (2) some squares are bigger and I wanted to redo them to make them all uniform.

So I emailed the gal that asked me to put this afghan together and told her the above reasons why I can not finish it for her. I also offered to make an afghan for her if she bought the new yarn. I think she planned on giving this to her DS & DDIL. They just got married and are expecting their first child.

I feel so bad. I hope she lets me make an afghan for her!

Well, so much for getting the granny stripe done before the Bernat CAL started. :lol Plus, I think I'm going to do the Bernat KAL, too. I have to be insane.

I know someone else doing both-I can't find enough hours in the day to do the CAL--never mind a KAL at the same time. Of course, I'm just learning how to knit- can you imagine how long it would take to do? I'd be knitting a long for years!:lol

I tried working on the Granny afghan again and I just can not work with that old acrylic yarn. It hurts my hands. I also separated the squares that need to redone due to (1)a knot and then cut right next to the knot. No way to weave in the end. (2) some squares are bigger and I wanted to redo them to make them all uniform.

So I emailed the gal that asked me to put this afghan together and told her the above reasons why I can not finish it for her. I also offered to make an afghan for her if she bought the new yarn. I think she planned on giving this to her DS & DDIL. They just got married and are expecting their first child.

If it hurts, there is no reason you should feel bad!I hope she'll let you make her a new ghan in yarn that you can work with!:hug

I don't know if this will work but I posted it on my fb wall. It's way brighter then it looks but it was 10 at night! Lol

Beautiful colors!

I do so hope she lets you create a new, beautiful afghan for her!

I know someone else doing both-I can't find enough hours in the day to do the CAL--never mind a KAL at the same time. Of course, I'm just learning how to knit- can you imagine how long it would take to do? I'd be knitting a long for years!:lol

I'm fairly slow at knitting, too. My speed has picked up already though just working on the first clue. My increases also look better. I really wanted to use the KAL to improve my knitting skills. Hopefully it won't be overwhelming since it's broken down over 15 weeks. We'll see! :lol

I'm still working on the Learn to Knit afghan a year and a half later!

I'm still working on the Learn to Knit afghan a year and a half later!

I have a feeling this will end up the same way for me. :lol I didn't buy new yarn for this one. I'm using what I have on hand. I realize that it will not match if I get it finished. I couldn't justify spending the money on yarn when I know that finishing is going to be a problem. :devil

I started a baby blanket this morning using Cindy's Peek A Boo pattern :clap It's in baby blue and is caron ss. My sister requested it for her co-worker and now is thinking twice about it so I'm making it anyway and if she decided not to give it to her, I'm sure it'll find a home :yes She's starting to think that if she gives this one, she'll always have to give to all of them :think:lol

I'm saving the knitting clues to do that one as well, just not now. Unless the spirit moves me. I don't think I have enough stash to get what I need for it...unless I use some vareigated yarns :think Hmmmm, only time will tell :lol

I started a baby blanket this morning using Cindy's Peek A Boo pattern :clap It's in baby blue and is caron ss. My sister requested it for her co-worker and now is thinking twice about it so I'm making it anyway and if she decided not to give it to her, I'm sure it'll find a home :yes She's starting to think that if she gives this one, she'll always have to give to all of them :think:lol

I'm saving the knitting clues to do that one as well, just not now. Unless the spirit moves me. I don't think I have enough stash to get what I need for it...unless I use some vareigated yarns :think Hmmmm, only time will tell :lol

I'm using stash yarn for the KAL. I don't have enough of the right colors to make it work, but I don't want to buy more yarn. It's not going to match. It's probably going to look pretty crazy, but that doesn't bother me. I'm doing this one to improve my knitting skills. It would look crazy in one color because I stink so much at knitting. :lol I'd love for you KAL along with me, but completely understand if the timing isn't right. :hug

I'm using stash yarn for the KAL. I don't have enough of the right colors to make it work, but I don't want to buy more yarn. It's not going to match. It's probably going to look pretty crazy, but that doesn't bother me. I'm doing this one to improve my knitting skills. It would look crazy in one color because I stink so much at knitting. :lol I'd love for you KAL along with me, but completely understand if the timing isn't right. :hug

Uh oh!!!! Do I feel my arm being twisted???? :wink:lol

Archived