Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

I did it...Blue afghan is done, four and a half feet wide and seven feet long. It is heavier then heck but it is soft. I used Bernat SportsWeight Yarn Baby Coordinates. I crocheted with two strands throughout. So happy to be done. I took the pics with my cell phone, so they are not the greatest.

It's so very pretty!

I finished my Pacific Harbor Throw from Herrschner's today. The pic isn't the greatest. The afghan does lay flat and it's an octagon shape. My kit came with 7 skeins of yarn but I only used 5...and added extra rounds to use it all!

[ATTACH]50352[/ATTACH]

Wow, that turned out fabulous! Better that they sent too much yarn rather than too little!

I'll have to weigh the yarn when it comes in :lol I may just pack it in my suitcase to take with us when DH, the twins and I go to Texas at the end of March for 8 days to see his family. Or I can only put 4 diapers, 1 pack of wipes, 2 sippy cups and all the yarn in the diaper bag :devil MIL doesn't care if we do laundry, and I can guarantee there will be lots of laundry done simply because of the bibs we go through, what's another load of my clothes? Muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa 8 days of MIL taking care of the kids. What more could I ask for with crochet???

My boys' grandma takes the kids to her house almost every weekend and sometimes even comes to get them thru the week. (Their father, her son, died 5 years ago, so I let them go as often as they like for that reason.) She is a blessing more often than she realizes. They all enjoy every minute of it. I miss them when they're at her house of course, but it is such a win win situation. I have free time to spend crafting or catching up on housework and they get to be spoiled and visit grandma. What could be better?! LOL

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with the afghan Vanessa!!

Finished an EdgeryDoo afghan last night. I'll post pics later. :)

I did it...Blue afghan is done, four and a half feet wide and seven feet long. It is heavier then heck but it is soft. I used Bernat SportsWeight Yarn Baby Coordinates. I crocheted with two strands throughout. So happy to be done. I took the pics with my cell phone, so they are not the greatest.

Beautiful!!

I finished my Pacific Harbor Throw from Herrschner's today. The pic isn't the greatest. The afghan does lay flat and it's an octagon shape. My kit came with 7 skeins of yarn but I only used 5...and added extra rounds to use it all!

[ATTACH]50352[/ATTACH]

Another beauty!!

:turtle:vheart

[ATTACH]50352[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous, love the colors :manyheart

Love all the afghans!! I'm still crocheting away on mine. Realized I messed up another square last night. I put an extra row in it. I decided to do a row of sc around each square and when I was counting, I realized something was off. Of course that extra row had to be below the pattern, so I had to pull it all out. I think I'm just too distracted with everything else going on in my life right now, but gotta get it done.

I think I'll join you all. I have 2 afghans that really need to get done. One for my son and one that I'm making for myself, it has been sitting and waiting for me for over a year now. I would love to get it finished.

Everyone's afghans are just stunning! I want to make one of the granny stripe afghan for a dear friend. I think she would just love it. Of course I won't start it until I finish the two that is already started.

Great job everyone! Lovely afghans.

Looking good everyone!

I have gotten some work done on my granny stripe. I really, really need to get it done before the Bernat Mystery CAL starts. We'll see! :lol

René - I love the colors of your wool eaters. I want to make one of those, but I can't bear the thought of dealing with all of those ends.

Here's a pic of the "Peek-A-Boo" baby blanket I finished for my DD's friend- the lighting isn't great but the color is Lilac (Caron Pounder)

The pattern here is from our very own Cindy (Gardner) which is a great one, BTW!!

post-27163-13589772828_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments on the RR. I really enjoyed making it. Using 2 strands and an N hook made it work up a lot quicker than the one I"m doing for myself (using an H hook).

There's lots of beautiful afghans being made here! Love the colors and different patterns.

For those of you in places where you're getting bad winter weather, stay warm and safe!

Loving seeing the pictures of everybodys afghans

thought I would share what I have done so far on my wool eater

:cheer

Wow!! Looks great! I've always thought that the wool-eater looked like a really neat pattern, but I've never tried it.

Here's a pic of the "Peek-A-Boo" baby blanket I finished for my DD's friend- the lighting isn't great but the color is Lilac (Caron Pounder)

The pattern here is from our very own Cindy (Gardner) which is a great one, BTW!!

Your blanket looks great, (and thanks for the kind words about my pattern.)

Woohoo! HL shipped the yarn for Mom's afghan at 8pm last night in OKC and it is already in Nashville, supposed to be delivered tomorrow :D So I might be able to get started on it tomorrow night.

Yes, I'm still waiting on the freaking cotton from Joann's that I ordered over a week ago, and it went from Indianapolis to Atlanta. Would have made more sense to do Indy to Nashville then USPS it over. I'm sick of the FedEx SmartPost because its not so smart :D

Here's the EdgeryDoo afghan I did last night.

[ATTACH]50393[/ATTACH]

Fabulous!

I need to give that blanket a try! It looks so awesome!

we got another 6 inches in the last 24 hours. Gave me some time to work on my Christmas RR..umm.yeah..sure for next Christmas! Yeah that's it! but I started it before last Christmas... :rofl

Stay warm and safe in the snow--and watch all those crazy drivers!:yes

You have a little more than 11 mos to get the Christmas RR done--You can do it!!!:cheer

Woohoo! HL shipped the yarn for Mom's afghan at 8pm last night in OKC and it is already in Nashville, supposed to be delivered tomorrow :D So I might be able to get started on it tomorrow night.

Yes, I'm still waiting on the freaking cotton from Joann's that I ordered over a week ago, and it went from Indianapolis to Atlanta. Would have made more sense to do Indy to Nashville then USPS it over. I'm sick of the FedEx SmartPost because its not so smart :D

:cheer Here's hoping that the yarn arrives today!!!! I had to laugh about the FedEx SmartPost not being so smart:lol I often wonder why sometimes things that are shipped have to take the scenic route instead of the quickest route!:think

[ATTACH]50393[/ATTACH]

That turned out great, Sue! :clap :clap :clap

Beautiful! :clap :clap :clap

Love the 'ghan and the color! :clap :clap :clap

we got another 6 inches in the last 24 hours. Gave me some time to work on my Christmas RR..umm.yeah..sure for next Christmas! Yeah that's it! but I started it before last Christmas... :rofl

Hey, nobody else has to know which Christmas it was for. You were just getting an early start on it by starting it last year. :D

Routing on delivery stuff is enough to make you totally nuts. At least the yarn for your mom's afghan is taking the short route.

[ATTACH]50393[/ATTACH]

I am working on a snuggie which looks like an afghan. I will post a pic of my progress.. I hope that since its a snuggie you all dont mind if I join in here!!

Great work everyone :clap:yay

Archived