Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Welcome Jill---I think we all have that same problem- "startitis" and need help with the "finishing" part!!!

Isn't that the truth! :lol

Stating things=fun, :yes

finishing things=satisfaction, :crocheting

But.....

that in between part of working away on them=blahh!:P

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting things=fun, :yes

But.....

:lol:lol Ain't it the truth! :lol :lol

Sherry, the RR is gorgeous! :)

I got a couple more rows done on the Jacob's Ladder. I need to put my iPad down and work on it more to get it done. It was suppose to be a Christmas present! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Hi All, It's been a few days since I was here. Been busy trying to finish the RR baby afghan for my GS auction at school. Finished it last night!! Here's a picture of it. I did it in ILTY, double strands--one white, one soft pink (bought 3 skeins of each color, used almost all of it). For the final row, I did a reverse sc. It turned out beautiful. It's on a full size bed.

So pretty!!!

But.....

Absolutely!

I am still working on that blue afghan. It is all sewed together, but working on that edge. Ran into a big knot in the middle skein of the yarn spent over an hour untangling, ended up having to cut and reattach yarn, just a mess so I put it away for tonight. Maybe I will go back at it tomorrow.

That happened to my sister the other night and she spent a while with it so she didn't end up with much crochet time :( I hate when that happens :eek

Hi All, It's been a few days since I was here. Been busy trying to finish the RR baby afghan for my GS auction at school. Finished it last night!! Here's a picture of it. I did it in ILTY, double strands--one white, one soft pink (bought 3 skeins of each color, used almost all of it). For the final row, I did a reverse sc. It turned out beautiful. It's on a full size bed.

Beautiful :manyheart

But.....

You said it perfectly :lol

I did it...Blue afghan is done, four and a half feet wide and seven feet long. It is heavier then heck but it is soft. I used Bernat SportsWeight Yarn Baby Coordinates. I crocheted with two strands throughout. So happy to be done. I took the pics with my cell phone, so they are not the greatest.

post-56799-135897727742_thumb.jpg

post-56799-135897727745_thumb.jpg

I did it...Blue afghan is done, four and a half feet wide and seven feet long. It is heavier then heck but it is soft. I used Bernat SportsWeight Yarn Baby Coordinates. I crocheted with two strands throughout. So happy to be done. I took the pics with my cell phone, so they are not the greatest.

:cheer That is very lovely! :cheer

Okay, I'm gonna bite. I bought a bunch of ILTY to make my mother a staggered ripple/cascade afghan for Mother's Day, I'm just waiting on it to arrive :lol I want to keep it a surprise from her, but that'll be a tall order since we live in the same house :D Also, finishing it will be quite a feat since I haven't completely finished an afghan since I was 10, and I'm now 31 :lol

Currently using a junker skein of RHSS to test the pattern to see how my tension is going. I know the ILTY will work up differently, but I want to see how quickly I might be able to get some of this done every night.

Very nice! :clap :clap :clap

Great job finishing it! It's really pretty and bet it's warm and cuddly.:clap:clap

I finished my Pacific Harbor Throw from Herrschner's today. The pic isn't the greatest. The afghan does lay flat and it's an octagon shape. My kit came with 7 skeins of yarn but I only used 5...and added extra rounds to use it all!

post-21933-135897727749_thumb.jpg

I finished my Pacific Harbor Throw from Herrschner's today. The pic isn't the greatest. The afghan does lay flat and it's an octagon shape. My kit came with 7 skeins of yarn but I only used 5...and added extra rounds to use it all!

[ATTACH]50352[/ATTACH]

That is really pretty! You did a great job!

It looks terrific!!

Okay, I'm gonna bite. I bought a bunch of ILTY to make my mother a staggered ripple/cascade afghan for Mother's Day, I'm just waiting on it to arrive :lol I want to keep it a surprise from her, but that'll be a tall order since we live in the same house :D Also, finishing it will be quite a feat since I haven't completely finished an afghan since I was 10, and I'm now 31 :lol

Oh, now I don't feel like such a slacker. Back when my oldest dd was a little girl, (she is nearly 29), I decided to learn how to crochet. I bought a book and made a couple of granny square blankets. Then I purchased one of those 63 squares afghan books, and made about 30 squares. Then I put everything away and didn't look at it for at least 15 years. After that, every once in a while I made another square, and I now have about 40 squares done. That afghan one of the reasons I joined this CAL.

[ATTACH]50352[/ATTACH]

That is really nice.

[ATTACH]50352[/ATTACH]

Beautiful 'ghan! :clap :clap :clap

It came out great! WTG on finishing it!!

Currently using a junker skein of RHSS to test the pattern to see how my tension is going. I know the ILTY will work up differently, but I want to see how quickly I might be able to get some of this done every night.

:cheer You can do it! The keeping it a surprise, might be tougher than actually working on the ghan!!!!;)

[ATTACH]50352[/ATTACH]

I love it! The colors, the shape- everything!!!! Great job!!!

It's too dark here to take a decent pic of the Peek - A Boo baby blanket.- I think I'll wait till Saturday- I tried to take a pic tonight and it just doesn't look right.

Going to work some more on the RR tonight.

well if you tell us every day how much you got done we will keep you accountable :cheer:cheer :lol

well if you tell us every day how much you got done we will keep you accountable :cheer:cheer :lol

I'll have to weigh the yarn when it comes in :lol I may just pack it in my suitcase to take with us when DH, the twins and I go to Texas at the end of March for 8 days to see his family. Or I can only put 4 diapers, 1 pack of wipes, 2 sippy cups and all the yarn in the diaper bag :devil MIL doesn't care if we do laundry, and I can guarantee there will be lots of laundry done simply because of the bibs we go through, what's another load of my clothes? Muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa 8 days of MIL taking care of the kids. What more could I ask for with crochet???

I'll have to weigh the yarn when it comes in :lol I may just pack it in my suitcase to take with us when DH, the twins and I go to Texas at the end of March for 8 days to see his family. Or I can only put 4 diapers, 1 pack of wipes, 2 sippy cups and all the yarn in the diaper bag :devil MIL doesn't care if we do laundry, and I can guarantee there will be lots of laundry done simply because of the bibs we go through, what's another load of my clothes? Muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa 8 days of MIL taking care of the kids. What more could I ask for with crochet???

Sounds like you can't wait to go to TX to your MIL's!!! A little slice of heaven having a helping hand with the twins!!!! And lots more :crocheting time for you!

I love them, really I do, and I do work 2 days a week, but I work the front desk at a motel, so on slow nights like tonight (yes, I am at work), I may only talk to a couple of people. DH works a full 40 hours a week with several other people on his shift all the time and doesn't understand that I need to TALK to someone other than the kids and my mother, or I'll go insane.

Generally though, I do like my MIL. She loves having the kids there so it really isn't a big stretch. We only get to see FIL twice a year (March/April and October), and MIL three times - she flies in for their birthday in August. So I think the March trip will be great for getting a lot accomplished on the afghan.

Nice!

Great job!

[ATTACH]50352[/ATTACH]

That's pretty neat! I haven't seen that pattern before.

Archived