Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been working on a few projects with bulky yarn and so there are always ends and leftovers that need to be worked into SOMETHING. So I started ANOTHER scrap granny afghan for the bulky yarns. Here is just the beginning. I don't remember what the gray is..maybe a RH bulky of some kind? Or it could have been Lion brand (leaning that way). The purple stuff is James C Brett chunky marble and the solid purple is Homespun. Have more HS to add as well as another color of the marble, but will probably try and make a hat with some of that before adding it to this

post-35596-135897723512_thumb.jpg

Ok another ongoing.. i did a round ripple in November and had leftover yarn so made a bunch of granny squares. This was only part of them. How might I add a granny to each corner and the crochet around it/incorporate it into? Actually I just counted and I have enough I could add another square of 4 grannies each into each corner

post-35596-135897723518_thumb.jpg

Dee - Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Deb - I'm having the same problem. I'm going to have to make a Tunisian Spiral Afghan next. :sigh

Mary - They both look great!!! :cheer

I'm planning on spending a lot of quality time with the granny stripe tonight. I want that thing done by the end of the weekend. :yes

I'm in. I'm finishing up a cat graph afghan for a Christmas 2011 present that is late. I have another row finished today so I am working my way through the last two chart repeats.

I believe I have a granny ripple started for my Mom that I would like to finish for her b-day. I started it before Christmas and put it aside.

I have a dino one done in blocks and a space themed one I want to do as well so this would be good motivation.

I am making my squares for the first wedding afghan in an assembly line style. Right now I am working all of the center ovals and weaving in the ends. Then I'll work another part of the pattern on each oval etc. It doesn't feel as "big" that way, lol.

So, I have one full square done (my practice square) and 10 center ovals. I need 25 more ovals before I can move onto the next part of the pattern. :)

Tiffer, I have really wanted to try that pattern out, I can't wait to see how your finished afghan turns out.

Great idea :yes I have a WIP that I chose to do in a similar way and I would do it again.

I have been working on a few projects with bulky yarn and so there are always ends and leftovers that need to be worked into SOMETHING. So I started ANOTHER scrap granny afghan for the bulky yarns. Here is just the beginning. I don't remember what the gray is..maybe a RH bulky of some kind? Or it could have been Lion brand (leaning that way). The purple stuff is James C Brett chunky marble and the solid purple is Homespun. Have more HS to add as well as another color of the marble, but will probably try and make a hat with some of that before adding it to this

Pretty colors

Ok another ongoing.. i did a round ripple in November and had leftover yarn so made a bunch of granny squares. This was only part of them. How might I add a granny to each corner and the crochet around it/incorporate it into? Actually I just counted and I have enough I could add another square of 4 grannies each into each corner

Very nice, keep up the good work :h5

I am making my squares for the first wedding afghan in an assembly line style. Right now I am working all of the center ovals and weaving in the ends. Then I'll work another part of the pattern on each oval etc. It doesn't feel as "big" that way, lol.

So, I have one full square done (my practice square) and 10 center ovals. I need 25 more ovals before I can move onto the next part of the pattern. :)

This is that wedding ring afghan youa re talking about, right? How many squares will you need for an afghan?

I really like these colors together.

This one looks good too.

I stopped by Michaels while I was out this morning and bought another skein of yarn for my LTK afghan. I let dd "borrow" some of the yarn for an afghan she was making, and she used it all up.

Here's the progress I've made on my fiancee's blanket. He liked the stitch I used for his niece's bag and he wanted that in his blanket. So it's alternating FPDC and BPDC, on strand with 1 hdc on each end. Originally he wanted two strands and I started that way but I soon realized if I kept going the blanket would weigh 21 pounds! So now its just 1 strand. I'm using RHSS in coffee and buff. It will be queen sized after I put the edging on it. Right now I'd say I'm about a 10th of the way done. Other projects seem to keep me away from it so I'm hoping this cal will keep me inspired to pull it out more often and add some rows. :)

post-48941-135897723588_thumb.jpg

I managed to get some work done on my Granny Afghan this weekend. I decided to do the larger squares first and work my way down to the small squares. It's a fun afghan so far! I don't remember if I posted which Mary Maxim afghan it is:

http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_3074457345616865019_-1_15033_15034

:crocheting

Cindy, yes the wedding ring afghan. It takes 36 squares :)

All of the pics are so pretty! I CANNOT plan anymore afghans right now....I will not...hmmm...maybe I can pick just one more???

Here's the progress I've made on my fiancee's blanket. He liked the stitch I used for his niece's bag and he wanted that in his blanket. So it's alternating FPDC and BPDC, on strand with 1 hdc on each end. Originally he wanted two strands and I started that way but I soon realized if I kept going the blanket would weigh 21 pounds! So now its just 1 strand. I'm using RHSS in coffee and buff. It will be queen sized after I put the edging on it. Right now I'd say I'm about a 10th of the way done. Other projects seem to keep me away from it so I'm hoping this cal will keep me inspired to pull it out more often and add some rows. :)

I like the texture of this.

:cheer count me in too, I am currently working on one as a post christmas gift :blush I have several others that I have to finish up too, including my husbands comfortghan :blush, I did start putting it together I also have add not only towards crochet either!!!!

René

The joining method I use depends largely on the type of square. What's the square that you're making? There are a lot of options! :yay

The squares are double crochet with open work design on each one. The pattern called for a final round of contrasting color around each square, groups of 2 dc with 2dc ch2 2dc in each corner. I then put together using slip stitch. I got down to two vertical joining rows left to do, and I don't like it. I especially don't like how the corners joined together.

I'm thinking of frogging everything including the final round, and doing sc around each square w/contrasting color - then put together somehow. Looking into continuous joining but I don't know. This is my first time at putting squares together for an afghan or anything else.

[quote name=nicolep;2397677

I bet that would look good as a RR. Let me know how you like working with that yarn. I've considered trying' date=' but just haven't done so yet.

[/quote]

I like working with the Charisma yarn- I made a few ugly but warm hats (pattern by Dot Matthews) here I also made an earflap hat for my grandson with it. So far so good with the RR!!!

I find that I enjoy a simple whipstitch, but there are many ways :yes

:yay so what color is that Charisma????

I'm using Forest, off white and Deep Woods (which is a varigeted with brown, gray forest green----:) so far, so good!

I got the body of my double-strand stripes blanket done. I want to pick up another skein of black yarn tomorrow to do the edge/border. It turned out pretty nice so far and almost fits the top of my queen-sized bed. Once the border is added it will fit nicely. I'll post pics as soon as it's finished.

I also picked up another 7 skeins of yarn today that are the same color and dye lot as the other 22 skeins I had...lol. I want to make another double strand afghan with that at some point.

I know from your stash busting score you have enough yarn to make them too! :rofl Strange to see your score at 0 though...

:turtle:vheart

I know! I feel like I need to "fix" it! :lol

Wow! You and this CAL sound like a perfect fit. :yes Welcome!!!

Yeah, I mostly make afghans (and tend to buy yarn in afghan quantities). :D

I'm in! I started a fan and feather baby blanket today. I need to have it done in a couple of weeks... baby is due the end of the month.

I have a half done off white thing that should have been finished a year ago, I'm embarrassed to say. It's done in 8" hexagons. I have the motifs that are completed sewn together (haphazardly).... A really bad thing I have to admit... months ago, it was kicking around, half done and I was chilly... so I grabbed it to snuggle under. Sorry to say, I'm still snuggling! It has odd motifs hanging off at odd angles, it's really a sad looking thing. I need to finish off enough motifs to at least even it off so I won't have to hide it when company comes... egads!

I should probably make a stash buster, too, just to get rid of some of these bins of yarn stacked in my bedroom corner, so I'll add that to the list. I need to use up some of this stash before I buy any more yarn.

That's it for now, I would like to make some 'ghans for family and friends, but I need to finish up these projects first.

I got the body of my double-strand stripes blanket done. I want to pick up another skein of black yarn tomorrow to do the edge/border. It turned out pretty nice so far and almost fits the top of my queen-sized bed. Once the border is added it will fit nicely. I'll post pics as soon as it's finished.

I also picked up another 7 skeins of yarn today that are the same color and dye lot as the other 22 skeins I had...lol. I want to make another double strand afghan with that at some point.

I can't wait to see a pic!

Here's the current blanket that I am working on. I have to get it done because it was meant to be a christmas gift. It is a granny stripe, but I am working it from both sides at the same time. I tried to show that in one of the pictures, I have 5 color stripes done on one side and 8.5 done on the other side. I am going to keep working even from top and bottom at the same time.

I'll post more pictures of my other blankets in progress, once I get them gathered up and pictures taken.

Have a good night or morning

René

post-40103-13589772394_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897723945_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897723948_thumb.jpg

Been debating it a day or two. Count me in. I'm working on two afghans right now. One is a big granny square, and the other is a scrap granny. I am using yellow, green, pink, purple, and blue. Making 10 of each color. I already have 6 yellow and 4 green. Not sure what color I will use to join them though. Any suggestions are welcome.

Quick pop in before heading out to work--just wanted to say this group is growing in leaps and bounds--which is great!!

Nicole- I think you picked a winner thread!!!!

Love the granny stripe and can't wait to see pics of the dbl stranded afghan!

Off to paradise I go..

Here's the current blanket that I am working on. I have to get it done because it was meant to be a christmas gift. It is a granny stripe, but I am working it from both sides at the same time. I tried to show that in one of the pictures, I have 5 color stripes done on one side and 8.5 done on the other side. I am going to keep working even from top and bottom at the same time.

I'll post more pictures of my other blankets in progress, once I get them gathered up and pictures taken.

Have a good night or morning

René

Love it Rene! Can you or someone post the link to the granny stripe?? Please? ;)

Love it Rene! Can you or someone post the link to the granny stripe?? Please? ;)

:clap Here you go Sue http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/granny-stripe.html

If you scroll down to Granny Stripe the Beginning Lucy tells you how many she chained for her blanket.

:manyheart This Pattern

:hug René

Archived