Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Is anyone interested in an afghan CAL? It can be any afghan you're currently working on or want to start.

Personally, I have four afghans sitting in my closet. All of them are for my house and I can't ever seem to finish them. Hopefully, if any of you are interested, a CAL can give me the motivation I need.

I really do like making afghans, but I have crochet ADD. I move on too quickly sometimes. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :P

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two afghans that are started, both have been waiting a long time. The one just needs to have the sewing together done. I bet I could finish it in two hours if I got busy. The other one wouldtake more work. I also have a baby sweater started that needs finished.

I have two I don't like and have to frog.....I'd love to get them out of the closet and finished up.

Woo! :woo I'd love to have both of you along.

I plan on working on my granny stripe afghan first. Here's a picture of it so far. I have a way to go, but I WILL finish this one before I start a new project. :P

post-28827-135897722759_thumb.jpg

Is anyone interested in an afghan CAL? It can be any afghan you're currently working on or want to start.

Personally, I have four afghans sitting in my closet. All of them are for my house and I can't ever seem to finish them. Hopefully, if any of you are interested, a CAL can give me the motivation I need.

I really do like making afghans, but I have crochet ADD. I move on too quickly sometimes. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :P

No, definitely not the only one! I do like making afghans- there is something very relaxing about making one- especially something like a large granny or RR.

I've been making hats/cowls/scarves --still working on some hats at the moment--and have to finish a cowl for my DD....I may join in when I'm all caught up with these smaller projects

Woo! :woo I'd love to have both of you along.

I plan on working on my granny stripe afghan first. Here's a picture of it so far. I have a way to go, but I WILL finish this one before I start a new project. :P

[ATTACH]49569[/ATTACH]

love it!!! I loved making a granny stripe---mmmmm---maybe another one should be started!!!!:hook

love it!!! I loved making a granny stripe---mmmmm---maybe another one should be started!!!!:hook

Thank you! When you finish up your other items, perhaps a granny stripe is in your future! :D Eventually, I want to make one in bright colors like the one at Attic 24. I got the yarn for this one from my mom for Christmas. Well, six skeins of it anyway. Plus I got a gift card to Hobby Lobby. I used that plus threw in some more money to get the rest of the yarn. I've gotten a lot done since I've been off work.

Thank you! When you finish up your other items, perhaps a granny stripe is in your future! :D Eventually, I want to make one in bright colors like the one at Attic 24. I got the yarn for this one from my mom for Christmas. Well, six skeins of it anyway. Plus I got a gift card to Hobby Lobby. I used that plus threw in some more money to get the rest of the yarn. I've gotten a lot done since I've been off work.

This is the one I made last year for my middle DD inspired by Attic24. I have a bunch of Stylecraft DK in very fun colors that I ordered from Deramores in UK (free shipping to US) that is either going to be a ripple or a granny stripe. This one in the pic was done with Vanna's and Impeccable

post-27163-135897722774_thumb.jpg

Count me in! I started one a few days ago. It started out as an Heirloom Stitch afghan but I didn't like the way it looked after starting it twice. So I am now doing a pattern called Aran Afghan. I really could use lots of encouragement to finish this one!

After seeing the pretty granny ripples it makes me want to do one of those too! Oh wait, I have one of those started somewhere with that same yarn from the UK. :blushWhere did I put that???

I'm so glad this is proving to be a needed CAL. :yay We will get these done. :yes

This is the one I made last year for my middle DD inspired by Attic24. I have a bunch of Stylecraft DK in very fun colors that I ordered from Deramores in UK (free shipping to US) that is either going to be a ripple or a granny stripe. This one in the pic was done with Vanna's and Impeccable

Very pretty! I'm using Vanna's Choice for mine. I love that yarn for an afghan.

Count me in! I started one a few days ago. It started out as an Heirloom Stitch afghan but I didn't like the way it looked after starting it twice. So I am now doing a pattern called Aran Afghan. I really could use lots of encouragement to finish this one!

After seeing the pretty granny ripples it makes me want to do one of those too! Oh wait, I have one of those started somewhere with that same yarn from the UK. :blushWhere did I put that???

:cheer You sound just like me. When I started the granny stripe, I realized that I had already started one with Caron SS scraps. :lol

Count me in. I have a couple in the works (Jacob's Ladder and Squaring the circle) plus more I want to make.

:turtle:vheart

Welcome, welcome!

Just thinking fast (hard to do) I can think of a doilyghan languishing, at least 2 granny square afghans..ok 3 lol. Yes I need this group!

Glad to have you! I knew I wasn't the only one with a pile of unfinished afghans stuffed in a closet. :lol

I've got one i need to do so count me in!

:hi Welcome!

I have two afghans in progress, both very old WIPS. It as my intention to get them finished in 2011, but that didn't happen. A CAL may be just the thing I need to get them finished.

One is a 63 squares afghan mostly from this 63 squares book that has the off white afghan on the front. The look on the cover is kind of what I was going for when I started it 4 or 5 years ago. I think I have around 35 squares done. I have several other of the 63 squares books too, so I have used some square patterns from those books as well.

The other afghan I have in my WIP pile is the Learn to Knit Afghan from the book by Barbara Walker. I have 35 squares done for it as well.

Count me in as well. I've been 'working' on my fiancee's forever it seems and I keep changing my mind about how I want to do it. I've finally settled on a stitch and now I just need to get it done. About 12 rows in is all.

I'd like to join! I just started in on the Mary Maxim Granny Afghan (No. 2941N). I haven't decided if I want to keep it or give it as a present. I figured I'd start it and see what develops... :c9

I have two afghans in progress, both very old WIPS. It as my intention to get them finished in 2011, but that didn't happen. A CAL may be just the thing I need to get them finished.

One is a 63 squares afghan mostly from this 63 squares book that has the off white afghan on the front. The look on the cover is kind of what I was going for when I started it 4 or 5 years ago. I think I have around 35 squares done. I have several other of the 63 squares books too, so I have used some square patterns from those books as well.

The other afghan I have in my WIP pile is the Learn to Knit Afghan from the book by Barbara Walker. I have 35 squares done for it as well.

I've wanted to make a learn to knit type afghan for awhile. I'm just so slow at it that I never make it much past the first square. :lol Maybe one of these days I'll be able to finish one.

Count me in!

I have a Hexagon Granny I started several months ago for myself that I need to finish. In fact, I pulled it out of the closet over the weekend because I am in the gotta-finish-something mood, but discovered I need more yarn of a certain color. I'm gonna grab some this week and get busy on those squares. :hook

I'll share a pic later.

I've wanted to make a learn to knit type afghan for awhile. I'm just so slow at it that I never make it much past the first square. :lol Maybe one of these days I'll be able to finish one.

Just why do you think I've been working on it for two years now??? :lol (well other than that overwhelming urge to start new projects)

Slow, slow knitter here. I've learned so much from working on it though. Before I started it, I knew how to knit and purl, (just barely), and now I can do two color patterns, all sorts of cables, knit from a chart, and even knit lace.

Count me in!! I have an RR that I started for myself almost 2 years ago, it's in a box (since we moved in March) and it's still there. I do need to get it out and finish it!! I also have a baby RR to make for my GS's silent auction at his school, needs to be done this month.

Count me in too! I'm just starting to work on the edge of the "Courtship" afghan from the "50 Sensational..." book - the point where my progress usually slows down to a crawl. Hopefully this will encourage me to keep going and get it done.

Archived